- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
- ISTOOK: IRS “wants to throw us in jail,” says tea party leader
- Easter woes: Chocolate costs soar, becoming ‘unaffordable’ luxury
- Michaels craft chain confirms hackers hit 3M customers
- Special Forces’ suicide rates hit record levels — casualties of ‘hard combat’
- Many Americans would quickly face financial hardship after losing job, poll shows
Tigers up 2-1 after 5, trying to avoid WS sweep
Brandon Crawford just made another terrific play at shortstop, barehanding a grounder that deflected off Giants starter Matt Cain and making an accurate, off-balance throw to get speedy rookie Quintin Berry at first.
That prevented Miguel Cabrera from coming to the plate with two runners on in the fifth. Instead, he’ll lead off the sixth.
Tigers lead 2-1. Both starting pitchers still in the game.
Tigers still lead 2-1 in the bottom of the fifth and Omar Infante leads off with a broken-bat single.
Very light rain falling at Comerica Park.
The Tigers just got some help from the elements _ perhaps their first break of the entire Series.
A strong gust of wind blowing out to right field carried Miguel Cabrera’s two-out drive into the seats for a two-run homer in the third inning.
Detroit is up 2-1, its first lead in the Series and the first time the Giants have trailed in 57 innings since Game 4 of the NLCS against St. Louis.
He’s using his changeup and he got a big out when cleanup hitter Buster Posey flied out with runners at the corners to end the top of the third inning.
There was talk that Scherzer was dealing with a sore shoulder down the stretch, but he’s pitched well in the postseason. This is only his third start, and he was held to a total of 11 innings during the first two. But he racked up 18 strikeouts in those two games and compiled a 0.82 ERA.
- Harry Reid blasts Bundy ranch supporters as 'domestic terrorists'
- Immigration still on hold: Boehner's office
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- Supreme Court weighs appeal to concealed-carry gun laws
- Nancy Pelosi washes immigrants' feet in humble Holy Week act then promotes on Twitter
- PRUDEN: When a bored president just 'mails it in'
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- BRUCE: Obama deliberately emboldening America's enemies
- Joe Biden's biggest gaffe: VP blowing his 2016 head start
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.