- No mas: Principal bans Spanish language in intercom announcement
- Hacking software could put ‘zombie drone army’ in user’s hands
- Support for stricter gun laws drops: poll
- 10 whales dead, 41 others stranded in Everglades
- John Boehner faces bipartisan pressure to allow gay-rights vote
- Martin Bashir resigns from MSNBC over ‘ill-judged’ comments about Sarah Palin
- Rep. Duncan Hunter: While Obama prays for Iranian change, U.S. should ready its nukes
- Best company ever? Veteran Beer Co. exists to employ vets, provide quality beer
- Iran official: Sanctions ‘utterly failed’ to stop nuclear program
- ‘Black Santa’ display at IU sparks student outrage
Tigers up 2-1 after 5, trying to avoid WS sweep
Brandon Crawford just made another terrific play at shortstop, barehanding a grounder that deflected off Giants starter Matt Cain and making an accurate, off-balance throw to get speedy rookie Quintin Berry at first.
That prevented Miguel Cabrera from coming to the plate with two runners on in the fifth. Instead, he’ll lead off the sixth.
Tigers lead 2-1. Both starting pitchers still in the game.
Very light rain falling at Comerica Park.
The Tigers just got some help from the elements _ perhaps their first break of the entire Series.
A strong gust of wind blowing out to right field carried Miguel Cabrera’s two-out drive into the seats for a two-run homer in the third inning.
Detroit is up 2-1, its first lead in the Series and the first time the Giants have trailed in 57 innings since Game 4 of the NLCS against St. Louis.
He’s using his changeup and he got a big out when cleanup hitter Buster Posey flied out with runners at the corners to end the top of the third inning.
There was talk that Scherzer was dealing with a sore shoulder down the stretch, but he’s pitched well in the postseason. This is only his third start, and he was held to a total of 11 innings during the first two. But he racked up 18 strikeouts in those two games and compiled a 0.82 ERA.
- Angry NTSB ousts railroad union from N.Y. train crash site
- Xbox One, Playstation 4 games penalize users for cursing in their own homes
- Apple wins facial recognition patent for iPhone 6
- Puerto Rico caravan honoring Paul Walker ends in 6 drunken-driving arrests, 72 speeding tickets
- Hola: Boehner prepares to push amnesty bill through House
- Inside China: Nuclear submarines capable of widespread attack on U.S.
- Kill team: Obama war chiefs widen drone death zones
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Wingate University on lockdown after 2 shot dead
- First Dog Sunny knocks down Ashtyn Gardner; Michelle Obama yanks leash
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Wall Street news for retail investors who want to know what's going on.
Does it take over 25 years in public service to really know what goes on in Washington?