- Beretta leaves Maryland over gun laws, heads for Tennessee
- Neal Boortz defends Hillary Clinton for representing child rapist
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- Top federal judge uses pizza to explain complex Obamacare situation
- Obama, Biden overhaul job training programs
- Drought-plagued Californians turn to paint to keep lawns green
- ISIL now forcing Iraqi shopkeepers to veil mannequins in Mosul
- 11 parents of Nigeria’s abducted girls die
- Genetic mapping triggers new hope on schizophrenia
- Turkish P.M. Erdogan won’t speak to Obama, but he’ll take calls from Biden
UK police take some blame for Savile case
Question of the Day
LONDON (AP) - The head of Britain's Metropolitan Police says authorities and others failed to notice a pattern of behavior that indicated that entertainer Jimmy Savile may have been sexually abusing young girls.
Police commissioner Bernard Hogan-Howe says authorities did not "put together" the various claims against Savile, who died one year ago at the age of 84.
Hogan-Howe said Monday that the public may also have refrained from making complaints because of Savile's stature as a nationally known presenter of popular BBC children's TV shows.
The commissioner says that if reports of abuse are accurate, Savile was able to sexually abuse victims for 50 years. The late entertainer never faced criminal charges during his lifetime but has been disgraced by a series of damning reports this month.
TWT Video Picks
The president could pay the full price for ignoring Congress
- David Perdue defeats Jack Kingston in Georgia Republican Senate primary runoff
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- D.C. appeals panel deals big blow to Obamacare subsidies
- 'Straight White Guy Festival' supposedly set for Ohio park
- Beretta moving to Tennessee over Maryland gun laws
- Gen. James Amos, Marine Corps commandant, slams Obama's handling of Iraq
- LYONS: Small-arms treaty, big Second Amendment threat
- Jewish woman booted from JetBlue flight over fight with Palestinian
- MAY: Barbarians at Jordan's gate
- Outrage over $190M border security deal for troubled federal contractor
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq