- NYPD disbands unit that spied on Muslims to go after ‘real bad guys’
- Donald Rumsfeld has ‘no idea’ if he paid taxes correctly
- Bradley Manning named honorary grand marshal of San Francisco Pride parade
- Look out PayPal: Facebook working toward mobile payments system
- U.S. rebukes Iran’s U.N. envoy pick over 1979 embassy attack
- Stoned mom avoids jail after driving 12 miles with baby on roof
- More than 100 ‘inappropriate’ encounters between NYC school staffers, students since 2009: report
- Joe Biden to Boston bombing survivors: ‘America will never, ever stand down’
- FBI failed to throughly vet Boston bombing suspect after Russian lead, report finds
- Atlanta Braves flooded with Hank Aaron hate mail: He’s a ‘scumbag’
Wizards 2012-13 player capsules
Head Coach …
Randy Wittman (second season, 18-31 with Washington; seventh season overall, 118-238)
Trevor Ariza, F
Ht/Wt: 6-8, 220
Last Year: 10.8 ppg, 5.2 rpg
Ariza is a good perimeter defender but just an average shooter. He’s been inconsistent during the preseason and is struggling a bit to fit into the lineup. Still, he is the probable starter at small forward.
Earl Barron, C
Ht/Wt: 7-0, 250
Last Year: 2.0 ppg, 0.5 rpg
Barron likely earned his roster spot in the team’s final preseason game against San Antonio. He started and totaled 12 points and 10 rebounds playing well against Tim Duncan. The injury-plagued front line makes Barron a good fill in at the five. The 31-year-old journeyman has played for seven teams, including Washington.
Bradley Beal, G
Ht/Wt: 6-5, 207
Last year: Rookie
Beal has already shown maturity well beyond his age, 19, during the preseason, and pretty good consistency, although he struggled in the two final preseason games. Beal is a talented shooter and a good ball handler and he and John Wall both like to get out and run in the open court. They should complement each other well. The question is how soon Beal cracks the starting lineup for good.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Carla Peay keeps you up to date on the Washington Wizards and the NBA.
- John Wall’s practice session includes contact
- Chris Singleton falls out of Wizards' rotation
- Wizards can't sustain solid start, fall to Mavericks
- Kevin Seraphin gets some tough love from his 'big brothers'
- Wizards' Randy Wittman desires healthier team in 2013
Latest Blog Entries
By returning to goodness, the nation can achieve greatness once again
- Fuel-filled wings, ability to swarm: Pentagon offers glimpse at future of drone fleet
- Secret U.S. assessments show Afghanistan not ready to govern on own
- U.S. military on high alert as Ukraine troops trade gunfire with pro-Russian militants
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- GOP writes legislation to deny Attorney General Eric Holder his salary
- Al Qaeda mocks U.S. in 'extraordinary' Yemen gathering; experts fear CIA caught flat-footed
- HHS nominee Sylvia Burwell entangled in MetLife lawsuit
- Russian fighter jet buzzes U.S. Navy destroyer in Black Sea
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
- Bill Clinton falls off vegan diet wagon but not vegan label
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Chaos as Manhattan building explodes