- India diplomat who touts women’s rights busted for $3 wage to nanny
- MSNBC host Ed Schultz paid $252K by unions in 2012-2013
- Korean War memorial ordered to take down Christian cross
- Billy Graham near death, ‘close to going home to be with the Lord’
- SeaTac, Wash.: City’s new $15 minimum wage heads to court
- Obama mulls support for Islamists in Syria, with conditions
- Obama ‘birther’ theories float, as Hawaii health director killed in crash
- U.S. drone faulted for killing 14 ‘innocent civilians’ at Yemen wedding
- GOP hopes taking shutdown off the table with budget deal will pay dividends
- Chinese Death Star: The moon cited as the perfect launch pad for ballistic missiles
Championship implications everywhere on Saturday
Red Raiders No. 1 in total defense; time to see if it’s for real … OKLAHOMA 31-27.
Arizona (plus 9 1/2) at No. 18 Stanford
Wildcats trying to avoid three-game skid after 3-0 start … STANFORD 27-21.
No. 20 Mississippi State (minus 9 1/2) at Kentucky
Wildcats to play two freshman quarterbacks … MISSSISSIPPI STATE 35-14.
Connecticut (plus 8) at No. 22 Rutgers
Home team is 5-1 in series … RUTGERS 21-10.
No. 24 Northwestern (plus 3) at Penn State
Nittany Lions QB Matt McGloin leads Big Ten with 1,217 yards passing … PENN STATE 35-31.
No. 25 UCLA (minus 2 1/2) at California
Bears are another home loss away from being in full downward spiral … UCLA 38-24.
Last week’s record: 15-1 (straight); 12-3 (vs. points)
Season record: 86-15 (straight); 47-39 (vs. points)
Best bets: 1-4.
By Mangosuthu Buthelezi
Memories of a long brotherhood tempered in common struggle
- House budget bargain faces Senate filibuster; Republicans line up to oppose
- Obama's Afghanistan experts stumped on U.S. death toll, war costs during hearing
- Obama birther theories float, as Hawaii health director killed in crash
- NAPOLITANO: A conspiracy so vast
- PRUDEN: The last living witnesses; they wore the yellow star and remember the Nazi terror
- Echoes of Cold War in Ukraine as Russia tries to rein in former Soviet satellites
- KEENE: James Clapper should resign for lying to Congress
- Kim Jong-un consolidating power or losing grip on North Korea's military
- Comma on!: Twitter erupts over Obama-Castro 'marriage'
- Broncos-Chargers game ends with several stabbings
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Consummate traveler Todd DeFeo explores the unique stories that make destinations worth going to.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow