- ‘I Am Alive’ app gains popularity in terror-ravaged Lebanon
- Gun giveaways gain popularity among Republican candidates
- S.C. hospital worker slapped with $525 federal fine for refilling $0.89 soda
- Teen from ‘Jihad Jane’ plot becomes youngest ever to serve time on U.S. terror charges
- Iranian woman forgives son’s killer at the gallows
- Nebraska principal sorry for ‘don’t tattle’ flier
- Illinois readies to spend $100M for Obama museum in Chicago
- John Edwards back in court — this time as a lawyer for Va. boy’s malpractice case
- Covered California reports more than 200K in overtime Obamacare sign-ups
- Thanks, Chuck: Hagel says U.S. sending Ukraine sleeping mats, helmets
Franco switches gears again for shoe short
NEW YORK (AP) - Actor James Franco has taken another twist in his unconventional career _ directing a short film for shoe designer Stuart Weitzman.
Four vignettes, which will debut on the brand’s Facebook page, follow model Petra Nemcova as she takes what the company describes as “a midnight fantasy stroll.”
The inspiration came from the 1988 underground club-scene movie “Mondo New York,” and Nemcova struts to an updated version of the Patsy Cline song, “Walking After Midnight.”
Franco, who was nominated for an Oscar for “127 Hours” and hosted the awards ceremony, has also taken a recurring role on “General Hospital” while studying for a doctorate at Yale and teaching at New York University.
The first installment went live Wednesday, and the entire film will be available on Oct. 26.
TWT Video Picks
By Joy Overbeck
Redemption by government is futile
- Joe Biden's first Instagram pic mocked as shill for sunglass ad
- Obama taunts GOP, takes nationally televised victory lap on Obamacare
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
- Cliven Bundy's Nevada ranch wrecked by retreating feds
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- Atheists rush to stage Easter display: 'Jesus Christ is a myth'
- IRS emails reveal discussion with Justice about suing nonprofits for election activities
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.