- Pope Francis wins another ‘Person of the Year’ — from gay rights magazine
- Rep. Steve Stockman: Give my campaign $10, and you’ll get an Obama barf bag
- Putin: Russia to buy $15 billion in Ukraine bonds
- Expert: Obamacare ‘death spiral’ fears exaggerated
- Alabama firefighters dig for survivors of apartment blast
- Big Sur wildfire destroys home of firefighting chief
- ‘ ’Twas the Night Before Christmas’ set for mock trial to argue authorship
- Angela Merkel’s third term as Germany’s chancellor to be marked by move to left
- Mega Millions entices with record-setting jackpot: Half a billion so far
- Dennis Rodman heads to North Korea — despite execution, political purge
Franco switches gears again for shoe short
NEW YORK (AP) - Actor James Franco has taken another twist in his unconventional career _ directing a short film for shoe designer Stuart Weitzman.
Four vignettes, which will debut on the brand's Facebook page, follow model Petra Nemcova as she takes what the company describes as "a midnight fantasy stroll."
The inspiration came from the 1988 underground club-scene movie "Mondo New York," and Nemcova struts to an updated version of the Patsy Cline song, "Walking After Midnight."
Franco, who was nominated for an Oscar for "127 Hours" and hosted the awards ceremony, has also taken a recurring role on "General Hospital" while studying for a doctorate at Yale and teaching at New York University.
The first installment went live Wednesday, and the entire film will be available on Oct. 26.
By John R. Bolton
The president fiddles at his domestic altar while the world burns
- PRUDEN: The scam that will not die
- Wasted: Tom Coburn's 'Wastebook targets 70 days in bed, Facebook
- Robert E. Lee and 'Stonewall' Jackson tributes face Army War College removal
- BOLTON: Nero in the White House
- Zadzooks: The Joker sixth scale figure review (Sideshow Collectibles)
- House seeks Fast and Furious gun-walking documents
- Army to cut up to 4,000 captains and majors
- Embassy Row: India strikes back over diplomat's arrest
- Domino's launches its first vegan pizza
- OBAMASCARE: Huge premium hikes rock employer-insured workers
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Television commentary, reviews, news and nonstop DVR catch-up by Lisa King Dolloff and friends.
Wall Street news for retail investors who want to know what's going on.
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow