- Rush Limbaugh: ‘There is no journalism anymore’
- Scott Brown struggles for political traction in New Hampshire Senate race
- California’s Jerry Brown cites God, ‘religious call’ to embrace illegals
- Hamid Karzai’s cousin killed by suicide bomber at Eid al-Fitr party
- Obama thanks Muslims for ‘building the very fabric of our nation’
- Israel flattens home of top Hamas leader, takes out power plant
- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
Grandfather of Aurora victim begs for photos back
Question of the Day
DENVER — The grandfather of a 6-year-old girl killed during the Aurora theater shootings wants a thief to return pictures of the child that were stolen from his home in a burglary this week.
Sullivan said he still has a well-known photo of the girl licking an ice cream cone, but the rest of the shots are gone. Sullivan said he hopes whoever has the pictures will recognize the girl and return the memory cards to him or police, even if they keep the cameras.
Denver police said Wednesday they are investigating the reported thefts, which also included a coin collection and cash.
Sullivan said the cameras were stolen early Tuesday when he and his wife were out of the house. He was on his way home from work, and his wife was out walking the dog. Sullivan said someone jimmied a window and broke in.
Former University of Colorado-Denver graduate student James Holmes is accused in the shooting spree that killed 12 people and wounded 58 others during a late-night showing of the summer’s Batman movie.
Veronica’s mother, Ashley Moser, was wounded during the shootings. She was left paralyzed and also miscarried.
Holmes was not charged in connection with the miscarriage. Karen Steinhauser, a former prosecutor who is an adjunct professor at the University of Denver, told the Associated Press homicide charges in Colorado only apply to those “who had been born and alive.”
TWT Video Picks
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Border surge puts Obama legacy on immigration at stake
- White House says Russia 'losing' war in Ukraine
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- EPSTEIN: All IRS roads lead to the archivist
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- PRUDEN: When the hangman botches the job
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia's gay marriage ban
- KEENE: Thinking outside nanny-state box with Paul Ryan
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq