- Obama: Hole U.S. ‘digging out of’ requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
- John Boehner says GOP should support gay candidates: ‘I do’
Kenya’s doctors protest poor state of health care
Question of the Day
NAIROBI, KENYA (AP) - Emergency rooms in some of Kenya’s public hospitals frequently don’t have gloves or medicine. Most alarmingly, power outages sometimes force doctors to use the light from their phones to complete a procedure.
Doctors in public hospitals in Kenya are on their 17th day of a strike over the dilapidated state of public health care.
Attempts to hold talks this week with officials from the Ministry for Medical Services failed, prompting the doctors to flood social media with tell-all stories about deplorable conditions of public hospitals in an effort to pile pressure on the government to improve the situation.
- Obama administration issues permits for wind farms to kill more eagles
- Spike in battlefield deaths linked to restrictive rules of engagement
- Rush Limbaugh: Obama trying to make Mandela death about himself
- PRUDEN: British press horrified as London's new mayor dares to proclaim the truth
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- Federal deficit shrinks 20 percent in fiscal 2014
- MILLER: Obamacare enrollees include 101 members of the House of Representatives
- EDITORIAL: Our ideological president
- Activists urge Obama to go rogue, sidestep Congress
- Kill team: Obama war chiefs widen drone death zones
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Red Alert focuses on the hottest political topics in the nation and calls Americans to action.
History doesn't have to be grim; there is a lot to be learned from the pages of time.
Why can’t humans just be free to be humans?
White House pets gone wild!