- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Tuning in to TV: Kimmel, Chenoweth, Tomlin to honor Ellen DeGeneres
In 1997, Miss DeGeneres made history as the first prime-time TV lead character to reveal she’s gay.
The prize honors Mark Twain’s tradition of satire and social commentary.
NBC gives three new series full-season commitment
NBC has given an early sign of approval to three of its new series, handing each a full-season commitment.
The network announced Tuesday it is picking up for a full-season order the adventure-drama “Revolution” and the comedies “Go On” and “The New Normal,” the Associated Press reports.
The network said “Revolution,” from producer J.J. Abrams, has averaged a healthy 9.8 million viewers in its first three airings. “Go On,” which stars Matthew Perry, is averaging 8.6 million viewers thus far.
“The New Normal,” from producer Ryan Murphy, is averaging 6 million viewers.
Cartoon Network marks 20 years on the air
It’s been a long, strange 20 years for the Cartoon Network, which has flourished during a time when animation traced its way from the likes of “Scooby-Doo” to the racy, trippy fare now shown on Adult Swim.
The network is celebrating itself all month with on-air tributes, starting with a video released Monday that features more than 100 characters that have appeared on the channel coming together in a ravelike dance party, the Associated Press reports.
TWT Video Picks
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- Vietnam says it may have found door of missing Malaysian jet as intel look into stolen passports
- CPAC 2014 straw poll results
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- PIPES: Islam's inadvertent adverse effects on adherents
- CARSON: Why did the founders give us the Second Amendment?
- Italy outraged over U.S. gun dealer's 'David' ad
- WEBER: Obamacare cuts home healthcare for millions of seniors
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again