- George Zimmerman will not be charged in domestic dispute
- Russian officials press bilateral U.S. trade deal
- Selfies at Funerals blog creator retires after Obama flub: ‘Our work here is done’
- New Obama adviser Podesta is against Keystone but will steer clear of pipeline deliberations
- 40 Australian adults, children found in ‘one of the worst accounts of incest ever made public’
- Venezuela’s Maduro calls on student ‘price vigilantes’ to hit the streets, report businesses
- Atheists smug as Hindus join Satanists to demand display at Oklahoma Statehouse
- Bow before Valkyrie, NASA’s ‘superhero robot’ entry in DARPA challenge
- 10-year-old Pennsylvania boy suspended for pretend bow-and-arrow shooting
- Budget deal exposes GOP divisions; conservatives slam tax hikes, vague cuts
AP Pro32 ballot from Berman
Question of the Day
1. Atlanta _ Most impressive win of the year. Over 50 percent of 7-0’s make the Super Bowl.
2. New York Giants _ Didn’t quite need that seesaw, but win has them 2 1/2 up in division.
3. San Francisco _ Suffocating defense and Randy Moss. Could it be an SF daily double?
4. Green Bay _ Charles Woodson injury will take its toll, but not right away.
5. Houston _ Already breathing fire and now they’re rested. Look out!
6. New England _ Patriots beat British in 1776 … fife and drum. Just as impressive now.
7. Chicago _ Got away with win in “breather” game sign of a good team.
8. Baltimore _ Hopefully put bye week to great use.
9. Denver _ When the defense gets to play with a lead, even better.
10. Pittsburgh _ As usual, defense clamped down on a rookie quarterback.
11. Seattle _ Home games coming just when doctor ordered them.
12. Philadelphia _ Better start road back Monday night.
By Matt Kibbe
The short-term deal will assure long-term overspending
- Rand Paul: Budget deal 'shameful,' 'huge mistake'
- Teen thugs in D.C. run wild -- even while wearing GPS ankle bracelets
- KIBBE: Another Republican budget surrender
- Study IDs reasons for late-term abortions
- Obama takes 'selfie' at Mandela's funeral service
- Obama administration blasts GOP for criticism of Castro handshake
- CARSON: Why did the founders give us the Second Amendment?
- Obama's antics at Nelson Mandela tribute: Jovial conversation, handshake with Raul Castro
- Biden guarantees victory on immigration reform
- VEGAS RULES: Harry Reid pushed feds to change ruling for casino's big-money foreigners
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Interviews and show reviews from the Los Angeles punk scene past and present. Los Angeles has always been rich in punk rock talent since punk rock was born.
Buzz on Bees is a column promoting the love and life of God’s greatest pollinators on earth: The Honeybee
Brazen, leading-edge, “call it like it is” columns and reporting from Ohio native, radio host and writer, Sara Marie Brenner.
A libertarian look at breaking news and political trends by author Tom Mullen.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow