- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
- 3 African leaders cancel trip to U.S. over Ebola outbreak; Obama still plans summit
AP Pro32 ballot from Berman
Question of the Day
Ballot and comments from AP Pro 32 panel voter Chris Berman of ESPN:
CHRIS BERMAN (ESPN)
1. Atlanta _ Most impressive win of the year. Over 50 percent of 7-0’s make the Super Bowl.
2. New York Giants _ Didn’t quite need that seesaw, but win has them 2 1/2 up in division.
3. San Francisco _ Suffocating defense and Randy Moss. Could it be an SF daily double?
4. Green Bay _ Charles Woodson injury will take its toll, but not right away.
5. Houston _ Already breathing fire and now they’re rested. Look out!
6. New England _ Patriots beat British in 1776 … fife and drum. Just as impressive now.
7. Chicago _ Got away with win in “breather” game sign of a good team.
8. Baltimore _ Hopefully put bye week to great use.
9. Denver _ When the defense gets to play with a lead, even better.
10. Pittsburgh _ As usual, defense clamped down on a rookie quarterback.
11. Seattle _ Home games coming just when doctor ordered them.
12. Philadelphia _ Better start road back Monday night.
13. Dallas _ If they could only figure out the little things.
14. Detroit _ With Tigers gone, have stage to themselves.
15. Washington _ RG3 versus Cam _ appointment viewing.
16. Miami _ Quietly Joe Philbin and staff doing as fine a coaching job as anyone in NFL.
17. Minnesota _ Will need the 10 days to get ready for Seattle’s 12th Man.
18. New Orleans _ What was THAT?
19. San Diego _ What was THAT?
20. Tampa Bay _ Gotta love the way they compete.
21. Indianapolis _ Andrew Luck’s first road win and visit from coach Pagano another great weekend!
22. Arizona _ Moving in wrong direction.
23. New York Jets _ What was THAT?
24. St. Louis _ Nice “home” game.
25. Oakland _ Wasn’t pretty but a W is a W.
26. Cincinnati _ Hopefully regrouped during bye.
27. Tennessee _ Just when you think they’re jump-started, motor goes off.
28. Buffalo _ Needed bye week for these two road games at Houston and New England.
29. Cleveland _ Two October wins is a great sign.
30. Carolina _ Impressive in defeat in Chicago.
31. Jacksonville _ Played tough AGAIN in road loss.
32. Kansas City _ Everything NOT up-to-date in Kansas City.
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
- Inside the Ring: Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- GOP leaders delay border bill, leave Obama in control
- Army's 3-D printed bombs to create 'a whole new universe' of lethal capabilities
- CIA admits improperly hacking Senate computers in search of Bush-era information
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
- U.S. troops told not to eat, drink in front of Muslims during Ramadan
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world