- Mexican train carrying 1,300 migrants headed toward U.S. derails
- Secret Service begins regular K-9 patrols around White House
- Pentagon’s human memory-chip program moves forward
- Obama blasts GOP, ignores immigration crisis in Texas speech
- Marine Warfighting Lab tests the Godzilla of amphibious assault vehicles
- Harry Reid: Birth-control ruling the worst Supreme Court decision in 25 years
- Vet suicides ‘horrible human cost’ of VA dysfunction: lawmaker
- First marijuana customer in Spokane says he was fired
- Hagel: ‘Make no mistake,’ ISIL is an ‘imminent’ threat to U.S.
- Armed militia sets up Texas command center to ‘fight for national sovereignty’
AP Pro32 ballot from Gannon
Question of the Day
Ballot and comments from AP Pro 32 panel voter Rich Gannon of CBS Sports/Sirius XM:
RICH GANNON (CBS Sports/Sirius XM)
1. Atlanta _ Still undefeated for a reason, they can take the show on the road and dominate.
2. Houston _ One of the most balanced teams in the game right now.
3. New York Giants _ Built for the long haul and getting better each week.
4. Green Bay _ Concerns with the running game overshadowed by Rodgers and the passing attack.
5. Chicago _ Survived a scare vs. Carolina by once again scoring on defense.
6. San Francisco _ Great defense, strong running game, excellent special teams and an outstanding coaching staff. Pretty solid!
7. New England _ Is anybody else bored with Brady? He makes it look so easy each week!
8. Baltimore _ Time to pump the brakes with their run defense and get Ray Rice cranked up in the run game.
9. Denver _ Manning and the passing game finding their groove along with that defense. Watch out!
10. Pittsburgh _ Is anybody paying attention to how well Roethlisberger is playing without his entire supporting cast?
11. Miami _ Impressive road win over the Jets should come as no surprise because they are the better team right now.
12. Minnesota _ Not their best performance on Thursday against Tampa. They need to get Ponder back on track quickly.
By Ken Allard
Only the National Guard can re-establish homeland security
- Armed militia sets up Texas command center to 'fight for national sovereignty'
- HUSAIN: The fake caliph of 'The Islamic State'
- IRS employee suspended for pro-Obama activities
- Va. Democrat reportedly seeks nude shots of Kendall Jones
- HUSAR: Mexicos Pena Nieto passes the immigration bucket
- Amid border crisis, Obama to take 15-day vacation in Martha's Vineyard
- Sgt. Andrew Tahmooressi denied freedom by Mexican judge
- GOP: Lerner warned IRS employees to hide information from Congress
- PRUDEN: 'Dirty Harry' Reids increasing eccentricity
- ISTOOK: Flying illegals home would be 99.5 percent cheaper than Obamas plan
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq
World Cup's sexiest WAGs
U.S.-Ghana World Cup opener