Ballot and comments from AP Pro 32 panel voter Bob Glauber of Newsday.
BOB GLAUBER (Newsday)
1. Atlanta _ No fourth-quarter magic necessary for Matty Ice this time. Falcons easily handle Iggles to remain NFL’s only unbeaten.
3. Houston _ Matt Schaub figures to be a good fantasy play this week against Bills’ ugly defense.
4. San Francisco _ Alex Smith losing confidence? “Just gobble, gobble, gobble, turkey from jive-turkey gobblers,” says Jim Harbaugh after Smith sets completion percentage record in 24-3 romp over Arizona. Got it, coach.
5. Chicago _ Tim Jennings with another magnificent play, this time to win it for the Bears in a thriller against the Panthers. Defensive player of the year honors ahead for this emerging cornerback?
6. Green Bay _ That’s three straight for a Packers team that is hitting its stride, thanks mostly to Aaron Rodgers showing his MVP form with two more TD passes against an unexpectedly tough Jaguars team.
7. Baltimore _ Suddenly vulnerable Ravens, coming off bye following that beatdown in Houston, now calling Browns game must win. Lead over Steelers now down to a game.
8. New England _ Pats show the Brits a thing or two about how to score touchdowns in 45-7 blowout of Rams in London.
9. Denver _ Peyton says he isn’t really all the way back from recent neck problems. Could have fooled us.
10. Pittsburgh _ Stillers stay unbeaten at home (3-0) with impressive win over Redskins. We’ll find out a lot more about this team this week, though. With a 1-3 road record, they’re at the Giants on Sunday.
11. Seattle _ Pete Carroll says the Seahawks are oh-so-close to 8-0. Another woulda-should-coulda moment against Detroit, as a late lead slips away.
12. Detroit _ Lions hanging in by the skin of their teeth thanks to another heart-stopping comeback by Matthew Stafford, this one over Seattle.