- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
AP Pro32 ballot from Judge
Question of the Day
Ballot and comments from AP Pro 32 panel voter Clark Judge of CBSSports.com:
CLARK JUDGE (CBSSports.com)
1. Atlanta _ Crushing Philadelphia after the Eagles’ bye convinced me: No one is better.
2. Chicago _ Who needs Jay Cutler when you have a defense that scores like this?
3. Houston _ The Texans win their division by the first of December. I haven’t seen a race this easy to call since Secretariat ran the Belmont.
4. New York Giants _ Warning: These Giants are better than the team that won Super Bowl XLVI.
5. San Francisco _ Enough already. It’s time to declare a moratorium on Alex Smith criticism.
6. Green Bay _ As Aaron Rodgers goes, so goes the Pack … and he’s going great now, with 11 touchdowns and no interceptions the last three games, all of them victories.
7. Baltimore _ That image in your rearview mirror is Pittsburgh, and, yes, the Steelers are closer than you might think.
8. Denver _ Look at the schedule: The Broncos only have one opponent left with a winning record, and that’s Baltimore. Look for them to keep moving up.
9. New England _ They run. They pass. They score. And they win. Big. Yep, nothing has changed around the Patriots, not as long as Tom Brady is the guy taking snaps.
10. Pittsburgh _ Somebody tell me again what the problem is with Todd Haley’s offense. All I know is that Ben Roethlisberger seldom has looked sharper.
11. Detroit _ Yeah, so this is a reach. Tell me who else to put up here. The Lions just saved their season for the second time in three weeks. Plus, they have Matt Stafford and Calvin Johnson.
12. Miami _ It doesn’t matter who the quarterback is _ Ryan Tannehill, Matt Moore _ these guys can’t lose, and imagine what would’ve happened had Dan Carpenter hit one of those field goals the first time they played the Jets.
Second- and third-stringers eye 2016 if front-runner stumbles
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- Obama's empty tough-talk: Gun prosecutions plummet on his watch
- Conservative groups decry Democrats' 'war on women' tactic
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- Cutler wins endorsement from gun control group
- Obama says public not familiar enough with issues
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of mixing politics and business
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq