Ballot and comments from AP Pro 32 panel voter John Lynch of Fox Sports:
JOHN LYNCH (Fox Sports)
1. Atlanta _ Everyone was looking for cracks in the armor of the Falcons. After their dismantling of the Eagles, they made a statement that they are the class of the league right now at 7-0!
2. Houston _ Well rested out of a well timed bye the Bills are next as the Texans attempt to make their run.
3. New York Giants _ Up 23-0, then down 24-23, the Giants hung on. "It's a game of inches" has never been more true. Ask Dez Bryant. They will be tested in Week 9 as they host the improving Steelers.
4. Chicago _ The Bears let the Panthers hang in there, but finished and moved to 6-1.
5. San Francisco _ The 49ers are getting back to the dominance we became accustomed to in 2011. They physically dominated the Cardinals in all phases on Monday night.
6. Green Bay _ The Pack is getting hot and now host a Cardinals team on a short week.
7. New England _ The Pats were dominant in London and get a week off to enjoy it.
8. Denver _ A very impressive W for the Broncos against the Saints. Most impressive was the defense that showed if given a lead they can be tough to deal with.
9. Baltimore _ The Ravens are well rested after their bye, but the bye didn't bring back Ray Lewis and or CB Lardarius Webb.
10. Pittsburgh _ The Steelers are starting to look like the Steelers.
11. Seattle _ Seattle had Detroit on the ropes but this team needs to learn to finish or they will be average.
12. Minnesota _ The Vikings still are trying to figure out what hit them as the Bucs came into the Metrodome on Thursday night and dominated. Another tough test this week in Seattle.
13. Miami _ Dolphins coach Joe Philbin is doing a remarkable job. On Sunday, he lost his outstanding rookie QB Ryan Tannehill but the Dolphins still beat up the Jets for their third straight victory.
14. Dallas _ Too little too late for the Cowboys vs. the Giants. They showed some grit coming back from a 23-0 deficit though and now need to do it as a team on a consistent level.
15. Philadelphia _ Two hurricanes hit Philly on Sunday. Hurricane Sandy _ God Bless everyone in the area _ and the Falcons. Their DC lost his job and the team didn't respond. Vick gets one more chance against a porous Saints defense.
16. Indianapolis _ The 4-3 Colts vs. the 4-3 Dolphins. Two surprise teams led by two outstanding rookie QBs.
17. Detroit _ An interesting team to watch. We all know they have the talent. Can they play disciplined football? If so, they can be dangerous.
18. Washington _ The Steelers showed RG3 that life as a rookie QB isn't always as easy as he's been making it look. The Redskins' Achilles heel is and will be and undermanned defense that continues to get exposed.
19. Arizona _ I'd think about staying hurt if I were Kevin Kolb and watched the Cardinals offensive line Monday night. What was most disturbing was a good defense forgot how to tackle against the 49ers.
20. Tampa Bay _ A very impressive effort by the Bucs traveling to Minnesota on Thursday night. Consistency has been this teams issue and it will only get tougher to be consistent with the possible/looming suspension of their second starting corner Eric Wright.
21. Cincinnati _ The Bengals have been on the slide and it doesn't get any easier as Peyton Manning and the surging Broncos come to town.
22. San Diego _ Is it crumbling in San Diego? A 7-6 loss to the Browns would indicate so. If they lose to the Chiefs it would become more certain.
23. Oakland _ The Raiders are improving and new coach Dennis Allen deserves some kudos. They are near the bottom of the league in penalties. Yes, that's right. The Raiders are one of the least penalized teams in the NFL.
24. New York Jets _ The roller coaster ride that is the NY Jets continues as the Jets were drubbed by the Dolphins.
25. New Orleans _ There is no sugar coating it, this defense is bad. Drew Brees can only do so much.
26. St. Louis _ The Rams were "bloody" whipped by Sir Tom and the Pats across the pond.
27. Tennessee _ A tough loss in OT at the hands of Andrew Luck and the Colts.
28. Buffalo _ Bills hope for renewed purpose after the bye.
29. Carolina _ Improvement for Carolina. They were beat in Chicago on a last second FG.
30. Cleveland _ Jimmy Haslam is 1-0 (at home) as an owner.
31. Jacksonville _ The Jags showed some fight in battling the Packers until the end.
32. Kansas City _ The Chiefs are not good!