- Big milestone for Britain’s little Prince George who turns 1
- Murphy: Israel must be wary of Hamas using civilian deaths for recruitment
- Royce: Putin recruiting ‘every skinhead and malcontent around Russia’
- Nancy Pelosi is adamant: Congress worked together when Bush was president
- ‘Slender Man’ stabbing victim receives Purple Heart from anonymous veteran
- Kentucky city called socialist for buying gas station, undercutting competitor fuel prices
- Israel hits five mosques, sports complex in overnight Gaza strikes
- Hillary Clinton dogged for refusing reporters’ questions on book tour
- EPA tweet baffles: ‘I’m now a C-List celebrity in Kim Kardashian: Hollywood’ iPhone game
- Australian P.M. Abbott: MH17 evidence tampered with on ‘industrial scale’
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Obama has proved he can’t be trusted
Question of the Day
When asked about the deadly attack on our Benghazi consulate, President Obama gave his usual response: I will do everything to make sure we find out what happened, and find and punish those responsible. He added, “These are our folks.” No, Mr. Obama, these were our folks — and they died because you and your administration didn’t do your jobs.
The consulate in Libya did not have adequate security staffing or the added protection requested by Ambassador J. Christopher Stevens and responsible security individuals. The State Department rejected their requests and even decreased the number of security personnel. When staff members in Benghazi and those watching and listening to the terrorist attack in real time requested military assistance to rescue those endangered, their requests were also denied.
When the bodies of Stevens and the three other staff members arrived in the United States, Mr. Obama, Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton and Secretary of Defense Leon E. Panetta met with the families. Mrs. Clinton spoke about the video as the cause of the attack. Then U.N. Ambassador Susan Rice went on a tour of TV shows making the same point, blaming the video. Mr. Obama, his administration and many Democrats — with the aid of the liberal media — are trying to prevent the public from having access to the facts. The Obama campaign strategy is based on misrepresenting GOP challenger Mitt Romney’s record and calling him a liar. Yet Mr. Obama has not been truthful — he has not shared key information with the public and has, in fact, fudged many facts.
Mr. Obama cannot be trusted. He has devoted four years to campaigning for a second term and for him, the needs of our country and the lives of our military are not important.
MARVIN L. HOOVIS
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
U.S. appetite for drugs begets violence migrants are fleeing
Get Breaking Alerts
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- Jewish woman booted from JetBlue flight over fight with Palestinian
- YOUNG: A sinking presidency, deeper after November?
- Hillary Clinton dogged for refusing reporters' questions on book tour
- PRUDEN: A deadly enemy within exacerbating immigration crisis
- Rep. Jared Polis' anti-fracking crusade riles Colorado
- Hamas terrorists wear Israeli army uniforms to ambush soldiers in Gaza
- MERRY: Handicaps in Hillary's way
- Blunder on the bases costly in D-Backs' 4-3 loss
- Nancy Pelosi: Congress worked together when Bush was president