- Ted Cruz thanks Obama for denying visas to terrorists
- Survivors recall chaos, fear in Everest avalanche
- General Mills apologizes for ‘right to sue’ confusion, reverses policy
- Dealer wanted in U.S. for art fraud nabbed in Spain
- Easter morning delivery for space station
- Boxer Rubin ‘Hurricane’ Carter dies at 76
- Probe could complicate Rick Perry’s prospects
- Ukraine, Russia trade blame for eastern shootout
- Obamas head to church on Easter morning
- In Colorado, a pot holiday tries to go mainstream
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Obama has proved he can’t be trusted
When asked about the deadly attack on our Benghazi consulate, President Obama gave his usual response: I will do everything to make sure we find out what happened, and find and punish those responsible. He added, "These are our folks." No, Mr. Obama, these were our folks -- and they died because you and your administration didn't do your jobs.
The consulate in Libya did not have adequate security staffing or the added protection requested by Ambassador J. Christopher Stevens and responsible security individuals. The State Department rejected their requests and even decreased the number of security personnel. When staff members in Benghazi and those watching and listening to the terrorist attack in real time requested military assistance to rescue those endangered, their requests were also denied.
When the bodies of Stevens and the three other staff members arrived in the United States, Mr. Obama, Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton and Secretary of Defense Leon E. Panetta met with the families. Mrs. Clinton spoke about the video as the cause of the attack. Then U.N. Ambassador Susan Rice went on a tour of TV shows making the same point, blaming the video. Mr. Obama, his administration and many Democrats -- with the aid of the liberal media -- are trying to prevent the public from having access to the facts. The Obama campaign strategy is based on misrepresenting GOP challenger Mitt Romney's record and calling him a liar. Yet Mr. Obama has not been truthful -- he has not shared key information with the public and has, in fact, fudged many facts.
Mr. Obama cannot be trusted. He has devoted four years to campaigning for a second term and for him, the needs of our country and the lives of our military are not important.
MARVIN L. HOOVIS
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
Get Breaking Alerts
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Justice at last: 'Evil woman' outed for grabbing girl's game ball
- CHARLES: Holder's undermining of the law deserving of contempt
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
- EDITORIAL: Republicans finally fight back in phony 'war on women'