- House passes VA reform compromise
- Obama admin to blame for HealthCare.gov woes, $840M cost: GAO
- Al Gore’s climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Army’s 3-D printed bombs will create ‘a whole new universe’ of deadly capabilities
- Hamas calls on Hezbollah to join in fight against Israel
- Senators to FIFA, others: Don’t reward Putin with the World Cup in 2018
- U.S. condemns Israeli shelling of shelter in Gaza
- Obamacare shoots premiums up by 88 percent in California
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Obama has proved he can’t be trusted
Question of the Day
When asked about the deadly attack on our Benghazi consulate, President Obama gave his usual response: I will do everything to make sure we find out what happened, and find and punish those responsible. He added, "These are our folks." No, Mr. Obama, these were our folks -- and they died because you and your administration didn't do your jobs.
The consulate in Libya did not have adequate security staffing or the added protection requested by Ambassador J. Christopher Stevens and responsible security individuals. The State Department rejected their requests and even decreased the number of security personnel. When staff members in Benghazi and those watching and listening to the terrorist attack in real time requested military assistance to rescue those endangered, their requests were also denied.
When the bodies of Stevens and the three other staff members arrived in the United States, Mr. Obama, Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton and Secretary of Defense Leon E. Panetta met with the families. Mrs. Clinton spoke about the video as the cause of the attack. Then U.N. Ambassador Susan Rice went on a tour of TV shows making the same point, blaming the video. Mr. Obama, his administration and many Democrats -- with the aid of the liberal media -- are trying to prevent the public from having access to the facts. The Obama campaign strategy is based on misrepresenting GOP challenger Mitt Romney's record and calling him a liar. Yet Mr. Obama has not been truthful -- he has not shared key information with the public and has, in fact, fudged many facts.
Mr. Obama cannot be trusted. He has devoted four years to campaigning for a second term and for him, the needs of our country and the lives of our military are not important.
MARVIN L. HOOVIS
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
Get Breaking Alerts
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- Al Gore's climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- HURT: Impeaching Obama is a losing strategy for the GOP
- MSNBC's Ronan Farrow questions lack of racial diversity in emoji characters
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Obama vows veto of House border bill
- ISTOOK: Get ready for super-priced burgers due to NLRB decree