- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Obama has proved he can’t be trusted
Question of the Day
When asked about the deadly attack on our Benghazi consulate, President Obama gave his usual response: I will do everything to make sure we find out what happened, and find and punish those responsible. He added, "These are our folks." No, Mr. Obama, these were our folks -- and they died because you and your administration didn't do your jobs.
The consulate in Libya did not have adequate security staffing or the added protection requested by Ambassador J. Christopher Stevens and responsible security individuals. The State Department rejected their requests and even decreased the number of security personnel. When staff members in Benghazi and those watching and listening to the terrorist attack in real time requested military assistance to rescue those endangered, their requests were also denied.
When the bodies of Stevens and the three other staff members arrived in the United States, Mr. Obama, Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton and Secretary of Defense Leon E. Panetta met with the families. Mrs. Clinton spoke about the video as the cause of the attack. Then U.N. Ambassador Susan Rice went on a tour of TV shows making the same point, blaming the video. Mr. Obama, his administration and many Democrats -- with the aid of the liberal media -- are trying to prevent the public from having access to the facts. The Obama campaign strategy is based on misrepresenting GOP challenger Mitt Romney's record and calling him a liar. Yet Mr. Obama has not been truthful -- he has not shared key information with the public and has, in fact, fudged many facts.
Mr. Obama cannot be trusted. He has devoted four years to campaigning for a second term and for him, the needs of our country and the lives of our military are not important.
MARVIN L. HOOVIS
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
By Michael Widlanski
Leveling the battlefield to aid terrorists enables evil to fight on
Get Breaking Alerts
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- Norway expects imminent 'concrete threat' from ISIL terrorists 'within days'
- Tom Petty: 'No one's got Christ more wrong than the Christians'
- Cutler wins endorsement from gun control group
- Eugenie Bouchard pulls out of D.C.'s Citi Open
- Presidents of Honduras, Guatemala blame U.S. for border children crisis