- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Germantown teen walking to school fatally struck by car
A 15-year-old Germantown girl was struck and killed by a vehicle Wednesday morning while walking to school in Montgomery County, police said.
A 2010 Ford Fusion hit the girl, identified as Christina Morris-Ward, at 7:03 a.m. as she crossed the street at Germantown Road and Wisteria Drive, according to a Montgomery County Police press release. Ms. Morris-Ward, of 19900 block of Sweetgum Circle, was taken to a hospital where she was pronounced dead.
The driver, 27-year-old Kevin Bradley Carlson of the 18700 block of Sparkling Water Drive in Germantown, was driving north on Route 118 on a green light when he struck Ms. Morris-Ward, according to the release.
Mr. Carlson stayed on the scene after the incident, said Montgomery County police spokeswoman Angela Cruz.
Ms. Morris-Ward, a 10th grade student, was walking to Seneca Valley High School, according to the release.
Police have not determined anything about the cause of the crash.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- Vietnam says it may have found door of missing Malaysian jet as intel look into stolen passports
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- High schooler suing parents for money shot down by judge
- Italy outraged over U.S. gun dealer's 'David' ad
- Why Malaysia Airlines jet might have disappeared?
- CPAC 2014 straw poll results
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again