- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- Ukraine will compete in Sochi Paralympics despite Crimea conflict
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
- De Blasio’s wife irks former mansion chef with ‘servant’ remark
- Russia’s neighbors shiver amid Putin’s Cold War moves in Ukraine
‘Liar’s Autobiography’ honors Python’s ‘dead one’
The film includes video of Cleese’s notorious eulogy for Chapman, in which he lovingly bid good riddance to the “freeloading bastard.”
“Graham would have been very cross if John hadn’t said that about him,” Terry Jones said.
Bill Jones and co-director Timlett had just come off of making the six-part documentary series “Monty Python: Almost The Truth _ The Lawyers Cut” when the opportunity came their way to do “A Liar’s Autobiography.” They didn’t want to do another Python-related documentary, though, and it suited Chapman’s unfathomable spirit to let his life play out in whimsical, free-form animated sequences.
“It’s just an appreciation of his twisted humor. Not understanding who the man is or finding out any facts about the man’s life, but getting a sense of him and getting at his feelings,” Bill Jones said. “I think we’re just trying to show the sort of thing he enjoyed, because he is sort of the forgotten Python. He hasn’t been around for 23 years.”
TWT Video Picks
By Tammy Bruce
- Putin has transformed Russian army into a lean, mean fighting machine
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- IRS to turn over Lerner emails in tea party targeting probe
- Unemployment insurance vote could happen next week
- DELAY: A revolution for the Constitution
- BRUCE: Obama's bizarre immigration rules
- CPAC 2014: Huckabee says government impeding religious liberty
- PRUDEN: Likening Putin to Hitler on Ukraine shows Hillary's shaky grasp of history
- Russias Putin nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again