- We are not amused: Queen’s protection officers warned to keep ‘sticky fingers’ off the royal cashews
- Unleash the crossbows: Gov. Scott Walker creates new hunting season
- Bubonic plague kills 20 in Madagascar
- G-20 diplomats fell for hacker attack promising nude photos of former French first lady Carla Bruni
- Minnesota guardsman charged with stealing private soldier data for fake IDs
- Florida appeals court rules universities can’t regulate guns
- Vladimir Putin defends Russian conservative values
- Tea Party Patriots call key GOP firing a declaration of war
- 68,000 more file for unemployment — in one week
- Michigan bans in-state insurers from covering abortion
Ann Romney to guest-host ‘Good Morning America’
Question of the Day
NEW YORK (AP) - Ann Romney is guest-hosting “Good Morning America” next Wednesday.
ABC says the wife of Republican presidential hopeful Mitt Romney will be on hand at the morning news program for its 8 a.m. (Eastern time) hour. Joining George Stephanopoulos at the anchor desk, Mrs. Romney will be filling in for co-anchor Robin Roberts, who is on extended medical leave.
ABC says it is in discussions with first lady Michelle Obama for a similar guest appearance when her schedule allows.
Stephen Colbert, Oprah Winfrey and the cast of “Modern Family” have previously been announced to substitute for Roberts, who had a bone marrow transplant last month.
Roberts’ absence came as “Good Morning America” has overtaken NBC’s “Today” show in the ratings after years in second place.
By Matt Kibbe
The short-term deal will assure long-term overspending
- Obama's Afghanistan experts stumped on U.S. death toll, war costs during hearing
- NAPOLITANO: A conspiracy so vast
- All-out war breaks out in GOP over budget pact
- Biden guarantees victory on immigration reform
- MALCOLM/REIMER: Over-criminalization undermines respect for legal system
- Obama takes 'selfie' at Mandela's funeral service
- Selfie at heart of Obama fiasco to stay secret
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- KIBBE: Another Republican budget surrender
- Teen thugs in D.C. run wild -- even while wearing GPS ankle bracelets
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Communities writers read and review current and past books of note. Also, news and views focusing on print and online media.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow