- Oklahoma gay-marriage case before U.S. appeals court
- Times wins two awards from Society for Professional Journalists
- Marionville mayor ‘kind of agreed’ with Kansas City shooter’s views
- Rev. Al Sharpton’s Easter message: Politically ‘crucified’ Obama has risen again
- Supreme Court to weigh challenge to ban on campaign lies
- UNICEF launches ‘Mr. Poo’ mascot in India to curb public defecation
- Teen taking selfie by train: ‘Wow, that guy just kicked me in the head’
- Goodbye, Afghanistan — hello, Africa: Air Force to shift as U.S. exits Middle East
- Iran mulls ban on vasectomies, decrease on abortions to bolster population
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers ‘more deadly than jihadists’
Inside Politics: Romney wins endorsement of National Rifle Association
FISHERSVILLE, Va. — The National Rifle Association on Thursday endorsed Mitt Romney minutes before the Republican presidential nominee prepared to speak to a loud crowd in the Shenandoah Valley full of NRA supporters.
But it does bring the prospect of added ground troops in places like Virginia, where hundreds of supporters at Mr. Romney’s rally sported blaze-orange NRA caps and held NRA hand fans with the slogan “Defend Freedom — Defeat Obama.”
Poll: Voters seek agreement with stance on abortion
A growing number of Americans say they will only vote for political candidates who agree with their stance on abortion, according to a poll released Thursday.
A Gallup poll surveyed 1,301 registered voters last week, and found that 17 percent of them say a candidate for major office must share their views on abortion, matching the highest percentage leading up to a presidential election in the past 20 years.
The poll found that 34 percent of voters do not see abortion as a major issue when choosing a candidate, and that 45 percent say it is one of many important factors. According to the poll, 48 percent of registered voters identify themselves as being pro-choice while 45 percent say they are pro-life.
Ann Romney to host ABC morning show
Ann Romney will be a guest host on “Good Morning America” on Wednesday.
TWT Video Picks
By John R. Bolton
Reality calls for attaching Gaza to Egypt and the West Bank to Jordan
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- Air Force sees resource shift as U.S. exits Afghanistan, heads to Africa
- FISHER: Shades of Berlin in the South China Sea
- GOP writes legislation to deny Attorney General Eric Holder his salary
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers 'more deadly than jihadists'
- Russian fighter jet buzzes U.S. Navy destroyer in Black Sea
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
- IRS emails reveal discussion with Justice about suing nonprofits for election activities
- Atheists rush to stage Easter display: 'Jesus Christ is a myth'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.