- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Middle Eastern firm’s deal to manage U.S. cargo port raises security concerns
- Bob McDonnell’s defense: Lonely wife developed ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House Republicans unveil bill to speed deportations of border children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
Inside Politics: Romney wins endorsement of National Rifle Association
Question of the Day
FISHERSVILLE, Va. — The National Rifle Association on Thursday endorsed Mitt Romney minutes before the Republican presidential nominee prepared to speak to a loud crowd in the Shenandoah Valley full of NRA supporters.
But it does bring the prospect of added ground troops in places like Virginia, where hundreds of supporters at Mr. Romney’s rally sported blaze-orange NRA caps and held NRA hand fans with the slogan “Defend Freedom — Defeat Obama.”
Poll: Voters seek agreement with stance on abortion
A growing number of Americans say they will only vote for political candidates who agree with their stance on abortion, according to a poll released Thursday.
A Gallup poll surveyed 1,301 registered voters last week, and found that 17 percent of them say a candidate for major office must share their views on abortion, matching the highest percentage leading up to a presidential election in the past 20 years.
The poll found that 34 percent of voters do not see abortion as a major issue when choosing a candidate, and that 45 percent say it is one of many important factors. According to the poll, 48 percent of registered voters identify themselves as being pro-choice while 45 percent say they are pro-life.
Ann Romney to host ABC morning show
Ann Romney will be a guest host on “Good Morning America” on Wednesday.
TWT Video Picks
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- McCLAUGHRY: Finish off the "Islamic State" quickly and cheaply
- Obama: 'Not a new Cold War,' but new Russia sanctions announced
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Kerry's credibility questioned as fighting in Gaza rages
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world