- House passes VA reform compromise
- Obama admin to blame for HealthCare.gov woes, $840M cost: GAO
- Al Gore’s climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Army’s 3-D printed bombs will create ‘a whole new universe’ of deadly capabilities
- Hamas calls on Hezbollah to join in fight against Israel
- Senators to FIFA, others: Don’t reward Putin with the World Cup in 2018
- U.S. condemns Israeli shelling of shelter in Gaza
- Obamacare shoots premiums up by 88 percent in California
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
RG3 named Offensive Rookie of the Month for September
Question of the Day
Robert Griffin III’s consistent play out of the gate in his rookie season has gained notice around the league, and the Redskins' quarterback Thursday was named the NFL’s Offensive Rookie of the Month for September.
Griffin has completed 86 of 124 passes for 1,070 yards with a passer rating of 103.2 through the Redskins’ first four games. He has four touchdowns through the air and four more on the ground while rushing for 234 yards. He already has tied the Redskins’ single-season record for rushing touchdowns by a quarterback, shared by Joe Theismann (1979) and Eddie LeBaron (1955). Griffin is one of only three quarterbacks in NFL history to pass for more than 1,000 yards through the first four weeks of his debut season, joining fellow 2012 rookie Ryan Tannehill of the Dolphins and Cam Newton last year with the Panthers.
This is the second consecutive year Washington’s top draft pick has taken top-rookie honors in the season’s opening month. Ryan Kerrigan was named Defensive Rookie of the Month last September. Griffin is the first Redskins player to win Offensive Rookie of the Month honors since Chris Samuels in October 2000.
Exchanges reveal an ugly American abroad out to bring down conservatives
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Al Gore's climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- House unveils bill to speed deportations of illegal immigrant children
- HURT: Impeaching Obama is a losing strategy for the GOP
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Patent workers paid to exercise, shop, do chores: report
- House votes to sue President Obama over claims of presidential power
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world