- Anthony Weiner on his current sexting habits: ‘None of your business’
- Producers eye Capitol Hill for latest reality TV hit
- No selfie awareness: Obama, Biden mug for Instagram as Ukraine implodes
- Putin to Snowden: We don’t collect droves of data on everyone like the U.S.
- Clemson football’s new opponent: Atheists upset with player prayer, Bible study
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford’s re-election launch party will be ‘history in the making,’ brother says
- Louisiana group hits back at Sen. Mary Landrieu campaign ad with ‘Actress Mary’ spot
- Brain surgery victim struggles with Obamacare: ‘It’s scary’
- Pro-Russian forces storm Ukrainian national guard base; 3 killed
- Joe Biden’s first Instagram pic mocked as shill for sunglass ad
‘Veggie boot camp’ finds boy’s favorites
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
Slice the tomatoes in half, then set them in a strainer. Sprinkle the salt over the tomatoes, then mix gently. Place the strainer in the sink or over a bowl and let sit for 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, heat the broiler. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil.
Give the tomatoes a shake to discard any liquid that has accumulated in the strainer. Transfer the tomatoes to a medium bowl. Add the remaining ingredients and toss well. Transfer the tomatoes to the prepared baking sheet and arrange them in an even layer.
Broil on the center rack for 4 to 6 minutes, or until the tomatoes begin to brown and soften. Serve immediately.
For reasons that befuddle me, my son consistently preferred when I used “baby” carrots in this recipe. It didn’t matter how many times I explained that those carrots are just big carrots that have been cut down. With children, it’s all in the marketing, so I now use “baby” carrots for this recipe.
Start to finish: 35 minutes (10 minutes active)
1 pound baby carrots
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon butter, melted
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
TWT Video Picks
By John R. Bolton
Reality calls for attaching Gaza to Egypt and the West Bank to Jordan
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- Removal of military gear limits options for U.S., NATO in Ukraine
- IRS emails reveal discussion with Justice about suing nonprofits for election activities
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- NAPOLITANO: Hope for the dead and freedom for the living
- CURL: The state of the Union worse than you thought
- PETA officials collide with deer
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers 'more deadly than jihadists'
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
Celebrity deaths in 2014