- School bus driver gets probation after kicking autistic girl, 8
- Ex-Army Ranger petitions to keep tan beret off certain soldiers’ heads
- U.S. clears sale of $680 million in Black Hawk helicopters to Mexico
- Justice Dept.’s new clemency guidelines: Crack offenders most obvious candidates
- Kansas man wants ‘Murder’ tattoo removed from neck before murder trial
- Obama goes golfing as family mourns aunt’s death in Boston
- Atheists win prayer battle against California city council
- Americans for Prosperity ad attacks N.H. Sen. Jeanne Shaheen’s Obamacare vote
- Senate races are close in Southern states, poll shows
- Texas A&M kicks off FAA-backed drone tests for business ventures
NHL, players’ association meet in Toronto
TORONTO (AP) - The NHL and the players’ association quietly resumed collective bargaining talks Friday and expect to be in contact again in the upcoming days.
“We met with the Union today in Toronto,” Daly told The Associated Press in an email. “We are supposed to touch base over the weekend. Nothing more to report right now.”
NHLPA spokesman Jonathan Weatherdon said any discussions this weekend won’t be in person.
The meeting on Friday marked the first negotiating session since talks broke off Tuesday in New York, where the sides had met four times in five days to discuss issues other than core economics.
No specifics were given about Friday’s negotiations.
“Just general discussion of where we are and how to move the process forward,” Daly said.
The sides hadn’t been expected to get together before next week, and the meeting didn’t become public until it was over. It took place one day after the NHL canceled the first two weeks of the regular season, wiping out 82 games from Oct. 11-24.
Feds who send arms against ranch families betray American values
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- IRS revokes conservative group's tax-exempt status over anti-Clinton statements: report
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- Ministry of Truth: SCOTUS skeptical of law to police campaign 'lies'
- EDITORIAL: Voting with one's feet shows folly of liberal economic policies
- Ukraine claims torture by pro-Russian forces on the heels of Biden's stern warning to Moscow
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014