- ISTOOK: IRS “wants to throw us in jail,” says tea party leader
- Easter woes: Chocolate costs soar, becoming ‘unaffordable’ luxury
- Michaels craft chain confirms hackers hit 3M customers
- Special Forces’ suicide rates hit record levels — casualties of ‘hard combat’
- Many Americans would quickly face financial hardship after losing job, poll shows
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford thanks supporters at re-election campaign bash
- Texas seizes polygamist Warren Jeffs’ 1,600-acre ranch
- Publisher unveils Hillary Clinton’s new memoir — ‘Hard Choices’
- Britain’s Labour Party hires David Axelrod — but can’t spell his name
- Washington and Lee law students demand ban on Confederate flag, say Gen. Lee was racist
Florida uses stifling defense to upend LSU 14-6
GAINESVILLE, FLA. (AP) - Mike Gillislee ran for a career-high 146 yards and two touchdowns, bringing No. 10 Florida to life in the second half as the Gators beat fourth-ranked LSU 14-6 Saturday.
Led by Gillislee and a dominant defense, Florida’s grind-it-out victory provided a signature win for coach Will Muschamp in his second season in Gainesville. It was the program’s first win against a ranked team since beating rival Georgia in 2010.
Linebacker Jon Bostic, safety Matt Elam and defensive end Lerentee McCray provided the big plays on defense. Gillislee once again carried the load on offense.
Together, they wore down the Tigers (5-1, 1-1) in the second half _ no surprise since the Gators (5-0, 4-0) have been doing that all season. Florida, which trailed 6-0 at halftime, also came from behind to beat Texas A&M and Tennessee on the road last month.
This one was even more impressive.
- Harry Reid blasts Bundy ranch supporters as 'domestic terrorists'
- Immigration still on hold: Boehner's office
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- Supreme Court weighs appeal to concealed-carry gun laws
- Prosecutors seek arrest warrant for ferry captain in South Korea
- PRUDEN: When a bored president just 'mails it in'
- With pot and e-cigarettes, Big Tobacco is just waiting to inhale emerging markets
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- CBO shows it's Paul Ryan 4, Obama 0 on budget targeting
- CARSON: Recovering Tocqueville's vision of American exceptionalism
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.