- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
‘Girls’ star Lena Dunham gets 7-figure book deal
Question of the Day
NEW YORK (AP) - "Girls" creator Lena Dunham has a seven-figure book deal with Random House.
The 26-year-old Dunham, who received Emmy nominations as producer, director, writer and actor for the HBO comedy, has an agreement for the essay collection "Not That Kind of Girl: A Young Woman Tells You What She's Learned."
"In the tradition of Helen Gurley Brown, David Sedaris and Nora Ephron, Dunham's book will offer frank and funny advice on everything from sex to eating to traveling to work," Random House said in an announcement Monday. Dunham said in statement that she was eager "to produce the most thoughtful and personal book" she could.
Random House spokeswoman Theresa Zoro said that no publication date has been set.
Numerous publishers bid for the book. Random House declined to offer financial details, but several competitors have said bidding exceeded $3.5 million.
TWT Video Picks
By David Keene
Allowing states to innovate could reduce dependency on bureaucracy
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- White House defends Kerry failure to broker Middle East cease-fire
- Border surge puts Obama legacy on immigration at stake
- Romney would win popular vote in rematch against Obama: CNN poll
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- White House says Russia 'losing' war in Ukraine
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq