- ‘Gay Jeans’ that fade into rainbow-colored denim created
- Divided court strikes down big porn award
- Jimmy Carter: Don’t hurt Russian people with sanctions
- Oldest ex-MLB player dies in Cuba, 2 days shy of 103rd birthday
- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
- L.A. sheriff admits to testing flyover spy program without notifying residents
‘Girls’ star Lena Dunham gets 7-figure book deal
NEW YORK (AP) - "Girls" creator Lena Dunham has a seven-figure book deal with Random House.
The 26-year-old Dunham, who received Emmy nominations as producer, director, writer and actor for the HBO comedy, has an agreement for the essay collection "Not That Kind of Girl: A Young Woman Tells You What She's Learned."
"In the tradition of Helen Gurley Brown, David Sedaris and Nora Ephron, Dunham's book will offer frank and funny advice on everything from sex to eating to traveling to work," Random House said in an announcement Monday. Dunham said in statement that she was eager "to produce the most thoughtful and personal book" she could.
Random House spokeswoman Theresa Zoro said that no publication date has been set.
Numerous publishers bid for the book. Random House declined to offer financial details, but several competitors have said bidding exceeded $3.5 million.
TWT Video Picks
The Democratic leader's calumnies rival those of Joe McCarthy
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Kansas will nullify local regulation of guns
- Harry Reid using tax dollars to fight Koch brothers, La. GOP chair charges
- Opposition rising to Colorado gun control laws
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- Russian bombers buzz U.K. airspace; jets scrambled to chase off 'Bears'
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014