- Dogs that talk: Researchers seek $10K for ‘No More Woof’ technology
- 1,000 firefighters called to battle stubborn Big Sur wildfire
- Black Friday brouhaha: Millions of Target shoppers hit by credit card theft
- Britain orders airplane to rescue citizens from violent South Sudan
- Mega Millions winner emerges as Georgia mom, in ‘disbelief’
- ‘Duck Dynasty’ Phil Robertson suspended ‘indefinitely’ for gay comments
- John Podesta eats crow: ‘I apologize to Speaker Boehner’
- U.S., China race to finish line on ‘invisibility cloak’
- Obama ‘cavalier’ in hiding foreign aid order, judge rules
- Prince Charles: Muslims are driving Christians from Mideast through persecution
‘Girls’ star Lena Dunham gets 7-figure book deal
Question of the Day
NEW YORK (AP) - "Girls" creator Lena Dunham has a seven-figure book deal with Random House.
The 26-year-old Dunham, who received Emmy nominations as producer, director, writer and actor for the HBO comedy, has an agreement for the essay collection "Not That Kind of Girl: A Young Woman Tells You What She's Learned."
"In the tradition of Helen Gurley Brown, David Sedaris and Nora Ephron, Dunham's book will offer frank and funny advice on everything from sex to eating to traveling to work," Random House said in an announcement Monday. Dunham said in statement that she was eager "to produce the most thoughtful and personal book" she could.
Random House spokeswoman Theresa Zoro said that no publication date has been set.
Numerous publishers bid for the book. Random House declined to offer financial details, but several competitors have said bidding exceeded $3.5 million.
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Fourth Amendment says Obama is not at liberty to collect metadata
- U.S. Army mulls wiping out memory of Robert E. Lee, 'Stonewall' Jackson
- Half of America strips religion from Christmas
- Gov't wasted $30 billion on 'pillownauts,' crystal goblets -- buying human urine!
- Duck Dynasty Phil Robertson suspended indefinitely for gay comments
- Obama's own panel rips NSA spying on phone calls of Americans
- BOLTON: Nero in the White House
- Armed response, not restrictive gun laws, brought swift end to school shooting
- Pa. police pull people over for random DNA tests for feds
- President gets budget win -- but only by staying out of negotiations
- 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson: Gays 'wont inherit the kingdom of God'
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Right-brain investing in a left-brain world. You can do it. I can help.
News and views on the Civil War.
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow