- Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee claims Constitution is 400 years old
- Unemployment, job creation top biggest problems in America: poll
- Twitter crashes for second time in nine days
- Charles Manson associate Bruce Davis granted parole
- Israeli warplanes pound 29 Palestinian sites in Gaza: ‘Direct hits’ confirmed
- Eric Holder to give thumbs-up to drop jail time for drug offenders
- N.J. Gov. Chris Christie faces fire for Superstorm Sandy dollars: ‘Where’s the governor?’
- Pope Francis shakes Vatican Bank with ‘earthquake’ reforms
- White House: Obamacare didn’t matter in Florida special election
- Last laugh: Marine vet fires off jokes from the grave with own obituary
Donovan ruled out of World Cup qualifiers
There was some good news on the injury front for the Americans on Tuesday, with midfielder Michael Bradley able to train with teammates. Bradley has been dealing with a leg injury.
About 10 of the 24 players on the roster missed a Tuesday morning training session for a variety of reasons _ from jet lag to treatment of minor injuries. Klinsmann said he expected the full roster to be available for a gym session later in the day, and the assumption was that they would all be ready for training Wednesday as well.
Midfielder Jermaine Jones (left ankle) was among those not at training on Tuesday; he leads all American players in appearances (10) and minutes (877) this year, and the expectation is that he will be able to play on Friday. And with the way the injuries are shaking out, Graham Zusi would most likely get the call to play on the wide right side of the midfield.
“We’re here to get six points,” Klinsmann said. “This is our goal and what we want to achieve.”
By Emily Miller
Obama is losing the debate on gun ownership, concealed-carry permits
- Oil rig worker says he saw missing plane go down: report
- GOP bill tries to pull courts into fight with Obama on executive power, enforcing laws
- Ukrainian PM accuses Putin of wanting war
- Inside the Beltway: A new interest in Rahm Emanuel for 2016?
- NRA shirt gets N.Y. high school student suspended
- Special ops forces wearing thin from high demand
- Military families would take a $5,000 hit in benefits with Obama budget
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Critics point to Obama's attempts to sell health care as no laughing matter
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
Chaos as Manhattan building explodes
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again