- Marionville mayor ‘kind of agreed’ with Kansas City shooter’s views
- Rev. Al Sharpton’s Easter message: Politically ‘crucified’ Obama has risen again
- Supreme Court to weigh challenge to ban on campaign lies
- UNICEF launches ‘Mr. Poo’ mascot in India to curb public defecation
- Teen taking selfie by train: ‘Wow, that guy just kicked me in the head’
- Goodbye, Afghanistan — hello, Africa: Air Force to shift as U.S. exits Middle East
- Iran mulls ban on vasectomies, decrease on abortions to bolster population
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers ‘more deadly than jihadists’
- Classes resume at high school rocked by stabbings
- ABC News accuses Center for Public Integrity of stealing Pulitzer-winning work
Kid Rock: Rocker helps VP hopeful Ryan, risks irking fans
ROCHESTER, Mich. — Kid Rock hasn’t been shy about supporting Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney and running mate Paul Ryan, even if it costs him some fans.
The made-in-Michigan rock musician introduced Ryan during a rally Monday night in the Detroit suburb of Rochester.
The rapper, born Robert Ritchie, told the raucous crowd gathered at Oakland University that he believes “you have to stand for something” even if it may alienate a few fans.
Rock added that it was OK to disagree, particularly in a music business that he says “leans very left.”
He quieted the crowd a bit when he shared his pride over the election of Barack Obama as the first black president. But he quickly added he was sorry Obama “didn’t do a better job.”
TWT Video Picks
By John R. Bolton
Reality calls for attaching Gaza to Egypt and the West Bank to Jordan
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- Atheists rush to stage Easter display: 'Jesus Christ is a myth'
- Removal of military gear limits options for U.S., NATO in Ukraine
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers 'more deadly than jihadists'
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
- CARSON: Recovering Tocqueville's vision of American exceptionalism
- GOP writes legislation to deny Attorney General Eric Holder his salary
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.