- Gabby Giffords’ gun control push gets high-profile speaker: Bill Clinton
- Tony Blair to warn West: Take sides against radical Islam
- Pfc. Bradley Manning’s name change to Chelsea heads to court
- NYPD’s attempt at positive Twitter outreach campaign proves to be an epic fail
- Michigan man among first in U.S. to get ‘bionic eye’
- JetBlue pilots vote to unionize; 2 previous attempts failed
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with ‘full-time’ robots
- Navy’s military dolphins may meet Putin’s porpoises in Black Sea
- Forget the Porsche — it’s the guy with the Prius that attracts the ladies, poll shows
- Fired Russian Facebook CEO says site has fallen in the hands of pro-Putin supporters
One Direction, NFL’s Drew Brees join Pepsi for ad
NEW YORK (AP) - One Direction is Pepsi’s newest pop star.
The soda company is partnering with the boy band and New Orleans Saints quarterback Drew Brees for an ad that will debut Wednesday. It’s part of Pepsi’s “Live for Now” campaign, which has also featured Nicki Minaj and Katy Perry.
PepsiCo Inc. increased its U.S. media spending by more than 40 percent during the second quarter compared with a year ago. After losing market share to the Coca-Cola Co. in recent years, the company has been pouring more money into marketing in hopes of bolstering its flagship soda.
Brees broke a NFL record by throwing a touchdown pass in his 48th straight game Sunday, eclipsing the mark of 47 consecutive games with a touchdown pass set by Johnny Unitas from 1956-60.
TWT Video Picks
Feds who send arms against ranch families betray American values
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- IRS revokes conservative group's tax-exempt status over anti-Clinton statements: report
- Ministry of Truth: SCOTUS skeptical of law to police campaign 'lies'
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- HURT: President Obama's 'Selfie Doctrine'
- SOWELL: The high cost of liberalism, open spaces and affordable housing
- Ukraine claims torture by pro-Russian forces on the heels of Biden's stern warning to Moscow
- Sen. Elizabeth Warren: 'I'm not running for president'
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.