- Extra-time goal gives Germany World Cup title over Argentina
- Strong quake hits Japan, triggering tsunami
- Sniper heaven: Pentagon’s self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Violent gang taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Medicaid enrollment continues to soar under Obamacare, administration says
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: ‘We cannot afford to wait on Congress’ for immigration
- White House urges GOP to act ‘urgently’ on $3.7 billion request for illegal immigrants
- Politicians, criminals using ‘right-to-be-forgotten’ law EU courts forced upon Google
- Combat fatigue: elite special forces troops are ‘fraying,’ Gen. Joseph Votel warns
- German foreign minister to meet Kerry to discuss spying claims
Anderson: ‘The Master’ inspired by L. Ron Hubbard
Question of the Day
After the war, he can’t keep a job and kills, or nearly kills, a migrant worker with the poisonous swill he distills. The former sailor seeks drunken refuge on a ship that is carrying Dodd, his family and followers from California to New York via the Panama Canal.
As the two grow closer, Dodd’s wife, played by Amy Adams, begins to worry about Quell’s true intentions and if his destructive behavior will endanger their movement. But Dodd won’t give up his protege.
Hoffman said the two characters are more similar than they appear.
“They’re both wild beasts I think ultimately. One of them has just tamed it somehow and he’s trying to teach other people how to do that, but ultimately that’s where the doubt and the whole reluctant prophet thing comes in,” Hoffman said. `’Ultimately he wants to be wild like Freddie is, so there’s this real attraction there over that. `’
Hoffman said he can relate to the desire to act without reservation, asking: `’Why can’t I just run naked through the streets of Venice?”
`’Why can’t I just do that and have it be OK, you know. Is it possible that I could just have sex with everyone I see today?’ No, it can’t. But I wish that was possible, so I think I’m going to go find my master and he’ll teach me how not to do that.”
TWT Video Picks
By Robert N. Tracci
Congress must use its appropriations power to secure the border
- DOJ investigates Nebraska parade float critical of Obama
- Agency scrubs Malia Obama photos at White House's request: report
- A 'new Cold War': China's top paper warns of 'slippery slope' towards conflict with U.S.
- Violent gang MS-13 taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Emeryville, Calif., police chief: Guns aren't for defense
- Pentagon's self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- New York City creates ID card so 500K illegal immigrants can get services
- Armed militia sets up Texas command center to 'fight for national sovereignty'
- CURL: The hypocrisy of Obama's 15-day Vineyard vacation
- Islamic State leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi formerly a U.S. captive
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq
World Cup's sexiest WAGs