- House Democrats trying to force unemployment insurance vote
- Sen. Claire McCaskill to tackle sex assault at college next
- Judge’s order preserves NSA surveillance records
- Refurbished Pollock masterpiece goes on display
- Iditarod becomes mad dash for Nome
- ‘Burger King baby’ now seeks birth mom on Facebook
- Study: 2 percent of Americans have new hips, knees
- Friend: Pistorius shot gun out car without warning
- States wrestle with developing, restricting drones
- Japan marks 3rd anniversary of tsunami disasters
Greg Schiano: Bucs coach the only new one to win in Week 1
Greg Schiano separated himself from every other new NFL head coach who spent Sunday on the sideline. He won.
“It’s all about the players, their commitment to doing what we ask them to do,” said Schiano, who spent the previous 11 seasons as the coach at Rutgers, where he turned a perennial loser into a Big East contender.
Chuck Pagano, Colts
A visit to Soldier Field turned into a 41-21 loss to the Bears, but the former Ravens defensive coordinator should be somewhat upbeat after his franchise QB, Andrew Luck, threw for 209 yards, a touchdown to go along with three interceptions.
Mike Mularkey, Jaguars
This was a tough one to lose. Blaine Gabbert threw a 39-yard TD pass with 20 seconds left, and a 2-point conversion put Mularkey’s team up 23-20. But zip, zip. The Vikings tied it on a 55-yard field goal at the end of regulation, and won it on a 38-yarder in OT.
Joe Philbin, Dolphins
This was no surprise, with the Texans winning easily, 30-10. Philbin, offensive coordinator for the Packers last year, has a lot of rebuilding to do in South Florida, beginning with rookie QB Ryan Tannehill, who had a rough outing — 20 for 36 for 219 yards and three interceptions.
Jeff Fisher, Rams
After 16 seasons coaching the Titans, plus a year off, Fisher at least has a veteran QB to work with — Sam Bradford is in his third year. A tough way to lose, too, 26-23 to the Lions after allowing Matt Stafford’s 5-yard TD pass to Kevin Smith with 10 seconds left.
By David Keene
Conference showed that the values Reagan cherished still endure
- FCC targets black conservative in TV station fight
- Hillary Clinton campaign received funds from Jeffrey Thompson
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- President Obama goes 'Between Two Ferns' to pitch Obamacare
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- EDITORIAL: Senate Democrats pointless all-night global warming talkathon
- CPAC 2014: Despite Ben Carson's speech, gay marriage mostly took a back seat at CPAC
- CARNES: Kissinger's flawed and offensive analysis of Ukraine
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- Hard-fought congressional election in Florida is seen as a bellwether
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again