- ‘I Am Alive’ app gains popularity in terror-ravaged Lebanon
- Gun giveaways gain popularity among Republican candidates
- S.C. hospital worker slapped with $525 federal fine for refilling $0.89 soda
- Teen from ‘Jihad Jane’ plot becomes youngest ever to serve time on U.S. terror charges
- Iranian woman forgives son’s killer at the gallows
- Nebraska principal sorry for ‘don’t tattle’ flier
- Illinois readies to spend $100M for Obama museum in Chicago
- John Edwards back in court — this time as a lawyer for Va. boy’s malpractice case
- Covered California reports more than 200K in overtime Obamacare sign-ups
- Thanks, Chuck: Hagel says U.S. sending Ukraine sleeping mats, helmets
Federer to play in Davis Cup at Netherlands
BERN, SWITZERLAND (AP) - Switzerland’s tennis federation says Roger Federer will play in the Davis Cup playoff against the Netherlands this weekend.
Swiss Tennis spokeswoman Sandra Perez said that Federer is scheduled to arrive in Amsterdam on Wednesday and will play in one of the opening singles matches on Friday.
Perez says Federer “is ready for everything that is needed.”
The world group relegation playoff is being played on outdoor clay courts. Federer has spent the past three months playing tournaments on grass and hard courts.
Federer did not commit to representing his country after losing in the U.S. Open quarterfinals against Tomas Berdych last Wednesday.
The winner this weekend stays in the top-tier, 16-nation world group.
By Tammy Bruce
Team Obama's bizarre behavior helps Gitmo terrorists foil justice
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
- With pot and e-cigarettes, Big Tobacco is just waiting to inhale emerging markets
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
- Atheists rush to stage Easter display: 'Jesus Christ is a myth'
- Cliven Bundy's Nevada ranch wrecked by retreating feds
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- KEENE: Familiar refrains from Britain's 'Tea Party'
- Skeptics on all sides take aim of John Kerry's tentative deal on Ukraine
- WEBER: Obamacare cuts home healthcare for millions of seniors
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.