- Saving trees? EPA wastes $1.5 million storing unneeded pamphlets in warehouse
- Scott Brown Senate bid in New Hampshire may launch soon
- Jeffrey Corzine, son of ex-N.J. governor, dead at 31
- Australian surfing magazine sorry for calling indigenous surfer ‘apeish’
- Records: Man in Fla. theater shooting also was texting
- The Putin problem: U.S. needs Russian rockets for spy satellites
- Florida cops ticket toddler in toy convertible: report
- Kerry warns of ‘very serious’ response to Crimea-Russia alliance
- Fla. Rep. Alan Grayson’s wife drops restraining order against him
- McDonald’s lawsuits filed over wages ‘stolen’ like Hamburglar steals Big Macs
NASCAR sends championship contenders on Chase tour
“I’d love to take some batting practice,” he said, smiling.
Even standing alone in a Philadelphia sports bar, Kahne kept an eye on the competition.
He watched a Dale Earnhardt Jr. interview shown on the giant big screen TV before he answered questions from a pack of NASCAR fans.
Yes, even with Phillies fans sipping pregame beers before heading across the street to the ballpark, there were dozens of fans dressed in Kahne gear waiting for autographs and to wish their favorite driver luck in the Chase.
Kahne wasn’t alone in touring venues near the Chase tracks. Some of NASCAR’s elite drivers in the Chase crisscrossed their way across the country Tuesday to promote the 10-race playoff that will crown a champ. Kahne visited Philadelphia. Earnhardt did a media tour in Connecticut.
The “Chase Across America” tour sent drivers to various events where they met breast cancer survivors, Coast Guard personnel and firefighters.
Kahne wasn’t recognized or acknowledged by Phillies fans as he walked in Xfinity Live in a city not exactly known as a NASCAR hot spot. The ones who did come peppered Kahne with softball questions and Kahne was happy to visit a city that doesn’t have a deep fandom in the sport.
“I was thinking, last year I was home not doing a whole lot,” he said. “So it’s a good thing. I’m glad that I’m here. I’ve never been to a Phillies game before. I’m going to enjoy the next couple of days.”
It’s a whirlwind week for the drivers who qualified for the Chase.
By Emily Miller
Obama is losing the debate on gun ownership, concealed-carry permits
- USS Kidd sent to Indian Ocean after 'indication' of Malaysian jet crash
- F-35 secrets now showing up in Chinas stealth fighter
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Oil rig worker says he saw missing plane go down: report
- GOP bill tries to pull courts into fight with Obama on executive power, enforcing laws
- MILLER: Law enforcement realizes good people with guns deter crime
- NRA shirt gets N.Y. high school student suspended
- VIDEO: Emily Miller on Fox Business on Vivec Murthy for surgeon general and smart guns
- Ben Carson: America's now 'very much like Nazi Germany'
- After three days, Redskins finally address defensive needs
Chaos as Manhattan building explodes
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again