- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
NFL awarding $1.5 million in medical grants
NEW YORK (AP) - NFL Charities is awarding more than $1.5 million in grants for sports-related medical research at 15 organizations, with nearly two-thirds of the money going to study concussion prevention and treatment.
This year’s grants include research on stem cells and nervous system injuries; MRI methods after concussions; and the effect of temperature on the severity of potential brain injuries.
The intuitions receiving grants are Washington University, Washington State University, University of Miami, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Pennsylvania State University, Columbia University, University at Buffalo, Ohio State University, University of New Hampshire, University of Minnesota, Brigham & Women’s Hospital, University of California, Berkeley, Yale University, Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center, and Hospital for Special Surgery.
- Putin has transformed Russian army into a lean, mean fighting machine
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- BRUCE: Obama's bizarre immigration rules
- Russias Putin nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
- IRS to turn over Lerner emails in tea party targeting probe
- DELAY: A revolution for the Constitution
- Unemployment insurance vote could happen next week
- EDITORIAL: Harry Reid's corrupt Senate house of cards
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again