- ISIL creates all-female brigade to terrorize women into following Sharia law
- ISTOOK: Obama wants to be impeached
- Obama to Latin leaders: Help with border
- Military bans troops from Baptist church event honoring ‘God’s Rescue Squad’
- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Give Obama an October surprise
Question of the Day
Now that the 2012 presidential campaign is in full swing, the talk of the inevitable Democratic Party “October surprise” against Republicans will heat up. However, Mitt Romney has his own October surprise for the Democrats, courtesy of President Obama.
On or about Oct. 15, millions of Americans will be receiving their health insurance packages for next year. Every one of these people will be reminded that their health insurance costs have skyrocketed since Obamacare was passed. Americans wanted lower health care costs. Instead, they have gotten a government takeover of the health care system. Mr. Obama has repeated at every opportunity the tired “under my plan, a family of four will save $2,500 year” line. But that family will actually get a large health insurance cost increase.
This November in the voting booth, every American who has health insurance should tell Mr. Obama how they feel about their health care costs under his plan.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
By Mark Davis
The nation founders, the Lone Star State thrives
Get Breaking Alerts
- 'Pocket drones': U.S. Army developing tiny spies for the next big war
- Rahm Emanuel: Send illegal immigrant shelter kids to Chicago
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- CURL: Obama, staffers not even pretending any more
- HUSAIN: Fleeing Iraqi Christians find safe haven at the Shrine of Imam Ali
- DCCC raising money on suggestion Obama impeachment is imminent
- Washington Times strikes content and marketing partnership with Redskins
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Family of Marine killed in Afghanistan pushes back against cover-up
- Pentagon running out of time to find mass of missing weapons in Afghanistan