- DOJ reaches largest-ever federal government settlement over auto loan discrimination
- U.S. Navy to start giving gay couples marriage benefits in Japan
- Sen. Harry Reid goes to hospital as a precaution
- Fla.’s Trey Radel exits rehab, ‘excited’ to resume congressional role
- U.S. nuclear general boozed it up, chased ‘hot women’ in Russia: report
- 45 Calif. students at one school test positive for tuberculosis exposure
- Rob Ford on women: Give them cash ‘and they are happy’
- Ku Klux Klan group holds recruitment meeting in Maryland
- Airport assassination: Mayor, 3 others killed at Manila airport
- Tea party-type lawmakers take mysterious, off-books trip to Mideast
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Give Obama an October surprise
Question of the Day
Now that the 2012 presidential campaign is in full swing, the talk of the inevitable Democratic Party “October surprise” against Republicans will heat up. However, Mitt Romney has his own October surprise for the Democrats, courtesy of President Obama.
On or about Oct. 15, millions of Americans will be receiving their health insurance packages for next year. Every one of these people will be reminded that their health insurance costs have skyrocketed since Obamacare was passed. Americans wanted lower health care costs. Instead, they have gotten a government takeover of the health care system. Mr. Obama has repeated at every opportunity the tired “under my plan, a family of four will save $2,500 year” line. But that family will actually get a large health insurance cost increase.
This November in the voting booth, every American who has health insurance should tell Mr. Obama how they feel about their health care costs under his plan.
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
By John McAfee
Get Breaking Alerts
- Breaking Fad: Alligators becoming the new pit bulls for drug dealers, cops say
- D.C. to tout Obamacare among youth waiting for Air Jordans
- Huge backlash mounts over suspension of 'Duck Dynasty' star Phil Robertson
- TARGET credit card theft swells to 40 million victims
- Special ops vets slam military benefit cuts
- Obama: 2014 will be 'breakthrough year' for U.S.
- Dems use new filibuster rules to approve DHS nominee Alejandro Mayorkas under investigation
- Obamacare 'pajamas boy' gets roundly mocked
- Citing 'unfair system,' Obama commutes sentences for 8 crack offenders
- Homeland Security helps smuggle illegal immigrant children into the U.S.