- NYC’s de Blasio seeks to ban wood-burning fireplaces
- Residents angry Obama mispronounced town’s name during mudslide visit
- Israel halts peace talks with Palestinians
- Netanyahu’s driver accused of raping girls under age 12
- Putin calls Internet ‘CIA project’ that must be controlled
- Muslims offended that 9/11 museum movie speaks of jihad
- Obama marks Armenian massacre, avoids using the word ‘genocide’
- Gov. Rick Perry: ‘It’s not a dare, it’s a promise’; Texas will fight BLM
- Howard Dean cheers Obama’s approach to Russian aggression
- Sen. Elizabeth Warren’s childhood nickname? ‘The Surprise’
Kanye West nominated for 17 BET Hip-Hop Awards
ATLANTA (AP) - Kanye West hasn’t released a solo album since 2010, but the rapper has kept relevant with another strong year.
Now, BET is taking notice.
West received the most nominations with 17 for the seventh annual BET Hip-Hop Awards, which will air Oct. 9. The rapper has had a big year as a producer, performer and director. He also collaborated with Jay-Z on the hit album, “Watch the Throne.”
Rapper 2 Chainz scored 13 nominations and Drake earned 11 nods, respectively.
The nominations were announced Wednesday.
The ceremony will be taped Sept. 29 at Atlanta’s Boisfeuillet Jones Atlanta Civic Center. Actor and comedian Mike Epps will return as host for the fourth straight year.
Hip-hop mogul Chris Lighty, who committed suicide earlier this month, will be honored during the show.
TWT Video Picks
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
- In its hunt for Senate, Republican candidates campaign against Harry Reid
- Obamacare class-action suit opens a new legal front
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- Obama avoids 'red line' for China, prepared to impose tougher sanctions on Russia
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- 'Conservatives' should feel exposed by Bundy's racist comments: Scarborough
- Sold out: Ukraine's leadership swapped best military weapons for cash
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- Rand Paul: Bundy's racist remarks are 'offensive'
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014