- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Kanye West nominated for 17 BET Hip-Hop Awards
ATLANTA (AP) - Kanye West hasn’t released a solo album since 2010, but the rapper has kept relevant with another strong year.
Now, BET is taking notice.
West received the most nominations with 17 for the seventh annual BET Hip-Hop Awards, which will air Oct. 9. The rapper has had a big year as a producer, performer and director. He also collaborated with Jay-Z on the hit album, “Watch the Throne.”
Rapper 2 Chainz scored 13 nominations and Drake earned 11 nods, respectively.
The nominations were announced Wednesday.
The ceremony will be taped Sept. 29 at Atlanta’s Boisfeuillet Jones Atlanta Civic Center. Actor and comedian Mike Epps will return as host for the fourth straight year.
Hip-hop mogul Chris Lighty, who committed suicide earlier this month, will be honored during the show.
TWT Video Picks
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- Paul takes veiled shot at Cruz, says GOP must focus on growth
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- Obama engages in Ukraine diplomacy from Fla. resort as Russia digs in
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- EDITORIAL: As jobs vanish, Obama wants more of same
- CPAC 2014 straw poll results
- CARSON: Why did the founders give us the Second Amendment?
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again