- Anthony Weiner on his current sexting habits: ‘None of your business’
- Producers eye Capitol Hill for latest reality TV hit
- No selfie awareness: Obama, Biden mug for Instagram as Ukraine implodes
- Putin to Snowden: We don’t collect droves of data on everyone like the U.S.
- Clemson football’s new opponent: Atheists upset with player prayer, Bible study
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford’s re-election launch party will be ‘history in the making,’ brother says
- Louisiana group hits back at Sen. Mary Landrieu campaign ad with ‘Actress Mary’ spot
- Brain surgery victim struggles with Obamacare: ‘It’s scary’
- Pro-Russian forces storm Ukrainian national guard base; 3 killed
- Joe Biden’s first Instagram pic mocked as shill for sunglass ad
Problems dogging new high-tech air traffic system
The FAA hasn’t had a full-fledged leader since December, when Administrator Randy Babbitt resigned after a drunken-driving arrest. President Obama nominated Michael Huerta, who had been heading up NextGen for FAA, to replace Mr. Babbitt, but his confirmation has been held up in the Senate. With Mr. Huerta serving only in an acting capacity, the FAA hasn’t made management changes called for by the bill that Congress passed in February.
“Those changes will not occur until a permanent FAA administrator is in place,” the GAO’s Gerald Dillingham said.
Others, including the air traffic controllers group, the National Business Aviation Association and the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey, planned to tell the House subcommittee that they’re working constructively with the FAA to put in place the system as quickly as possible.
The CEO of the low-cost air carrier JetBlue Airways, Dave Barger, said in prepared remarks that the new GPS technology is being installed on 35 of his airline’s jets and will be completed by the end of the year.
TWT Video Picks
By John R. Bolton
Reality calls for attaching Gaza to Egypt and the West Bank to Jordan
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- Removal of military gear limits options for U.S., NATO in Ukraine
- IRS emails reveal discussion with Justice about suing nonprofits for election activities
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- NAPOLITANO: Hope for the dead and freedom for the living
- CURL: The state of the Union worse than you thought
- PETA officials collide with deer
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers 'more deadly than jihadists'
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
Celebrity deaths in 2014