- Neal Boortz defends Hillary Clinton for representing child rapist
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- Top federal judge uses pizza to explain complex Obamacare situation
- Obama, Biden overhaul job training programs
- Drought-plagued Californians turn to paint to keep lawns green
- ISIL now forcing Iraqi shopkeepers to veil mannequins in Mosul
- 11 parents of Nigeria’s abducted girls die
- Genetic mapping triggers new hope on schizophrenia
- Turkish P.M. Erdogan won’t speak to Obama, but he’ll take calls from Biden
- Israel’s ambassador praises Obama, slams Human Rights Watch report
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Eroding America’s foundation
Question of the Day
It takes a lot to offend me, but I was deeply offended by the Democrats' removal of references to God from the party platform -- and I am not even a Democrat ("Obama's party says no to God," Comment & Analysis, Sept. 7). Then, of course, the Democrats got angry at those of us who had the audacity to be upset, as though they are the only ones allowed to be offended.
Anyone who brought up the issue was chastised for blowing it out of proportion. How does one blow that out of proportion? They did not remove "Allah" or "Buddha" -- they removed "God" -- our Creator, according to the Declaration of Independence. Then the Democrats said it did not make them godless. Perhaps not all Democrats are godless, but the party platform certainly almost became so. Our schools are already prayer-free because we have removed prayer, so if Democrats remove "God" from their platform, then their principles become, by definition, godless.
Like it or not, God has always been the foundation of this country, and the Democratic Party is chipping away at that foundation. If they destroy our foundation, we'll lose the nation that foundation once supported.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
TWT Video Picks
U.S. appetite for drugs begets violence migrants are fleeing
Get Breaking Alerts
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- D.C. appeals panel deals big blow to Obamacare subsidies
- Hamas terrorists wear Israeli army uniforms to ambush soldiers in Gaza
- Rick Perry: County jails in Texas have taken in 203,000 "criminal aliens"
- Jewish woman booted from JetBlue flight over fight with Palestinian
- Rep. Jared Polis' anti-fracking crusade riles Colorado
- MERRY: Handicaps in Hillary's way
- YOUNG: A sinking presidency, deeper after November?
- LYONS: Small-arms treaty, big Second Amendment threat
- 'Straight White Guy Festival' supposedly set for Ohio park