- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- Ukraine will compete in Sochi Paralympics despite Crimea conflict
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
- De Blasio’s wife irks former mansion chef with ‘servant’ remark
Tuning in to TV: NBC sends affiliates apology for skipping 9/11 moment
She was arrested June 10 for dancing in a roadway and interfering with traffic.
The state says Miss Cortese and a film crew spent 90 minutes inside the restaurant, during which she walked on the bar, fell down and stood on someone’s table while they were eating.
She paid a $106 fine after pleading guilty to failing to use the sidewalk.
Tom Hanks to narrate ‘Killing Lincoln’
The Oscar-winning actor will wear several hats — host, narrator and historical commentator — for the two-hour movie, slated to air on the National Geographic Channel early next year, according to the Hollywood Reporter.
“Killing Lincoln” is based on the best-selling book “Killing Lincoln: The Shocking Assassination that Changed America Forever,” written by Fox News anchor Bill O’Reilly and Martin Dugard, and retells the events featuring Billy Campbell as Abraham Lincoln and Jesse Johnson as John Wilkes Booth, combining CGI technology with “rare historical archives,” according to a release.
“It’s odd to say the killing of Abraham Lincoln is an unknown story, but it may as well be,” Mr. Hanks said in a statement. “The depth of the intrigue, the breadth of the conspiracy and the bare-naked exposure of human nature is so timeless, it’s a wonder how that seminal tragedy in our history could ever be explained in a few sentences: ‘Ford’s Theater John Wilkes Booth,’ etc. The murder of Lincoln is not a passage of our history — it was a signpost of our American character, then, now and forever.”
• Compiled from Web and wire reports
TWT Video Picks
By Tammy Bruce
- Putin has transformed Russian army into a lean, mean fighting machine
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- IRS to turn over Lerner emails in tea party targeting probe
- PRUDEN: Likening Putin to Hitler on Ukraine shows Hillary's shaky grasp of history
- DELAY: A revolution for the Constitution
- BRUCE: Obama's bizarre immigration rules
- Unemployment insurance vote could happen next week
- CPAC 2014: Huckabee says government impeding religious liberty
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again