- ‘I Am Alive’ app gains popularity in terror-ravaged Lebanon
- Gun giveaways gain popularity among Republican candidates
- S.C. hospital worker slapped with $525 federal fine for refilling $0.89 soda
- Teen from ‘Jihad Jane’ plot becomes youngest ever to serve time on U.S. terror charges
- Iranian woman forgives son’s killer at the gallows
- Nebraska principal sorry for ‘don’t tattle’ flier
- Illinois readies to spend $100M for Obama museum in Chicago
- John Edwards back in court — this time as a lawyer for Va. boy’s malpractice case
- Covered California reports more than 200K in overtime Obamacare sign-ups
- Thanks, Chuck: Hagel says U.S. sending Ukraine sleeping mats, helmets
More charges for former NFL WR Hurd in drug case
DALLAS (AP) - Former NFL wide receiver Sam Hurd faces more charges in the drug distribution case against him.
The indictment filed late Tuesday charges Hurd with attempting to possess cocaine and marijuana with intent to distribute. He also faces two counts of committing a felony offense while on release.
The charges are connected with allegations that Hurd tried to purchase drugs in June while on bond.
Hurd, who has played for the Dallas Cowboys and the Chicago Bears, was arrested in December after allegedly telling an undercover officer he wanted to buy large amounts of drugs and taking a kilogram of cocaine at a Chicago-area restaurant.
An agreement filed Tuesday says Hurd has pleaded guilty to one charge.
Hurd’s attorney, Jay Ethington, said Wednesday the agreement was a draft filed in error.
By Tammy Bruce
Team Obama's bizarre behavior helps Gitmo terrorists foil justice
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
- Joe Biden's first Instagram pic mocked as shill for sunglass ad
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
- Obama taunts GOP, takes nationally televised victory lap on Obamacare
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Brewer signs 1 of 4 pro-gun bills passed Wednesday
- WEBER: Obamacare cuts home healthcare for millions of seniors
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- CBO shows it's Paul Ryan 4, Obama 0 on budget targeting
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.