- No tailgating allowed at Super Bowl XLVIII
- Pentagon to transport African troops to Central African Republic
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend’s shopping jumps to his death
- Ukraine leader to talk with protesters; Washington urges caution
- Pope Francis: A nun saved my life
- Israeli P.M. Netanyahu backs out of Mandela funeral
- Elian Gonzalez makes first trip outside Cuba since custody battle
- U.S., British intelligence agents enter online sci-fi world to spy on gamers
- Sarah Palin to host the outdoors show ‘Amazing America’
- CIA admits $3 billion intelligence operation was a flop
NHL lockout 2012: League employees to switch to 4-day week, says AP source
NEW YORK — A person familiar with the plan says NHL employees at the league offices will switch to a four-day work week Oct. 1 because of the lockout.
The cost-cutting move will effectively cut salaries by 20 percent. The person spoke on condition of anonymity Wednesday because the NHL had not made the plan public.
The news was first reported by The Canadian Press.
The Florida Panthers and Ottawa Senators have let staff go because of the lockout, while several other teams have said they don’t have any plans to do so as of now.
The league locked out its players at 12:01 a.m. Sunday, its fourth shutdown since 1992.
By Brahma Chellaney
Beijing's creeping aggression signals a challenge to U.S. presence in the Asian Pacific
- CURL: Obama tells a whopper on IRS scandal
- WOLF: The president's other Obamacare lies
- Tech companies call for an end to NSA online snooping
- Obama lied about Syrian chemical attack, 'cherry-picked' intelligence: report
- Ted Cruz sees legal landmines ahead for Obamacare
- Lawmakers see 'false narrative' of Obama as a terrorist fighter
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend's shopping jumps to his death
- MSNBC host: Obamacare a 'wealthy white men' racist word
- Satanists petition for statue at Oklahoma Statehouse
- MILLER: Brady Campaign says Colorado recalls due to NRA, not grassroots opposition to gun control
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Let’s talk about everything, especially the absurdity of it all
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow