- ‘Welcome to the edge of freedom’: Biden’s boots touch down in DMZ
- Obama: Hole U.S. ‘digging out of’ requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
Oregon plague victim loses fingers and toes
PORTLAND, ORE. (AP) - An Oregon man who nearly died from the plague in June has now lost his withered fingers and toes to the disease known as the Black Death.
Doctors amputated the blackened extremities of Paul “Steve” Gaylord in an operation that lasted 2 1/2 hours Monday at the St. Charles Medical Center in Bend.
The 60-year-old Prineville man told The Oregonian ( http://is.gd/eOaxzB) the surgery was a success but painful.
He says he’s happy to be alive and wants to get out of pain and be able to walk and do things for himself. He faces months of physical therapy.
Gaylord was infected in June when he tried to take a mouse out of the throat of his choking cat.
Information from: The Oregonian, http://www.oregonlive.com
- Obama: Hole U.S. 'digging out of' requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- PRUDEN: British press horrified as London's new mayor dares to proclaim the truth
- Obama tries to calm Israeli fears over Iranian nuke deal 'not based on trust'
- 'Dude, I'm dreading that I will have to go': Czech prime minister on Mandela funeral
- EDITORIAL: Our ideological president
- Snow storm sucker punch: U.S. hit by winter wave
- Spike in battlefield deaths linked to restrictive rules of engagement
- Obamas call to close Vatican embassy is 'slap in the face' to Roman Catholics
- KEENE: Nelson Mandela's legacy
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Get in the middle of all the action inside and outside the boxing ring.
The cold hard truth about politics in America today and the state of this once great nation.
White House pets gone wild!