- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
- L.A. sheriff admits to testing flyover spy program without notifying residents
- Foreign minister vows response if Russians are attacked in Ukraine
- Robert Griffin III to drive pace car before Richmond NASCAR race
- Material on Australian shore examined in jet hunt
- Bomb, shooting in Egypt kills 2 police officers
- Tenn. woman receives two-year sentence for stealing $364K meant for homeless veterans
- School bus driver gets probation after kicking autistic girl, 8
REDS 5, ASTROS 3
HOUSTON (AP) _ Jay Bruce’s three-run homer keyed Cincinnati’s five-run eighth inning and the NL Central-leading Reds rallied past Houston.
Bruce’s 29th homer came against Xavier Cedeno (0-1).
Bruce, who is from nearby Beaumont, Texas, has three homers and 10 RBIs in nine games at Houston this season.
Jose Arredondo (6-2) allowed two hits and two runs in the seventh and Aroldis Chapman pitched a perfect ninth for his 34th save.
GIANTS 7, CUBS 5
CHICAGO (AP) _ Angel Pagan hit a tiebreaking RBI single in the ninth inning and the NL West-leading San Francisco Giants closed out a successful road trip by beating the Cubs.
Santiago Casilla (6-5) pitched an inning to get the victory and Javier Lopez got the final two outs for his sixth save in eight chances. The Giants went 5-1 on a swing through Houston and Chicago _ the two worst teams in the NL Central.
The Giants took advantage of a bout of wildness by Carlos Marmol (2-3) to grab the lead in the ninth.
DODGERS 5, DIAMONDBACKS 4
LOS ANGELES (AP) _ Adrian Gonzalez doubled in the tying and winning runs in the bottom of the ninth inning, lifting the Los Angeles Dodgers over Arizona.
Gonzalez lined an 0-2 pitch into the right-field corner off J.J. Putz (1-5) after Mark Ellis singled with one out and Shane Victorino walked.
Ronald Belisario (4-1) pitched a scoreless ninth and struck out three while allowing a double to Chris Johnson.
Matt Kemp ran up to Gonzalez and tossed a container of water on him during an on-field postgame interview. Gonzalez had struggled since being traded to the Dodgers from Boston on Aug. 25.
BREWERS 12, PIRATES 8
Feds who send arms against ranch families betray American values
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- IRS revokes conservative group's tax-exempt status over anti-Clinton statements: report
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Justice Dept.'s new clemency guidelines: Crack offenders most obvious candidates
- Ukraine claims torture by pro-Russian forces on the heels of Biden's stern warning to Moscow
- EDITORIAL: Voting with one's feet shows folly of liberal economic policies
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014