- Obama: Hole U.S. ‘digging out of’ requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
- John Boehner says GOP should support gay candidates: ‘I do’
Question of the Day
REDS 5, ASTROS 3
HOUSTON (AP) _ Jay Bruce’s three-run homer keyed Cincinnati’s five-run eighth inning and the NL Central-leading Reds rallied past Houston.
Bruce, who is from nearby Beaumont, Texas, has three homers and 10 RBIs in nine games at Houston this season.
Jose Arredondo (6-2) allowed two hits and two runs in the seventh and Aroldis Chapman pitched a perfect ninth for his 34th save.
GIANTS 7, CUBS 5
CHICAGO (AP) _ Angel Pagan hit a tiebreaking RBI single in the ninth inning and the NL West-leading San Francisco Giants closed out a successful road trip by beating the Cubs.
Santiago Casilla (6-5) pitched an inning to get the victory and Javier Lopez got the final two outs for his sixth save in eight chances. The Giants went 5-1 on a swing through Houston and Chicago _ the two worst teams in the NL Central.
The Giants took advantage of a bout of wildness by Carlos Marmol (2-3) to grab the lead in the ninth.
DODGERS 5, DIAMONDBACKS 4
Gonzalez lined an 0-2 pitch into the right-field corner off J.J. Putz (1-5) after Mark Ellis singled with one out and Shane Victorino walked.
Ronald Belisario (4-1) pitched a scoreless ninth and struck out three while allowing a double to Chris Johnson.
BREWERS 12, PIRATES 8
- Obama administration issues permits for wind farms to kill more eagles
- Spike in battlefield deaths linked to restrictive rules of engagement
- Rush Limbaugh: Obama trying to make Mandela death about himself
- PRUDEN: British press horrified as London's new mayor dares to proclaim the truth
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- Kill team: Obama war chiefs widen drone death zones
- Activists urge Obama to go rogue, sidestep Congress
- Obama: Hole U.S. 'digging out of' requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- NAPOLITANO: Pope Francis should be saving souls, not pocketbooks
- Federal deficit shrinks 20 percent in fiscal 2014
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Red Alert focuses on the hottest political topics in the nation and calls Americans to action.
History doesn't have to be grim; there is a lot to be learned from the pages of time.
The Constitution: Every issue, every time. No exceptions, no excuses. And how to get from here to there.
Why can’t humans just be free to be humans?
White House pets gone wild!