- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
Ben Vereen: Tony-winning actor files for divorce from wife of 36 years
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Tony Award-winning actor Ben Vereen has filed for divorce from his wife of 36 years.
Court records in Los Angeles show Mr. Vereen filed the petition last Thursday, citing irreconcilable differences. The actor-dancer married wife Nancy Bruner Vereen in July 1976, although his filing states the pair separated in March.
The 65-year-old won a best actor in a musical Tony Award in 1973 for his role in “Pippin,” and he appeared in numerous films and television series. His acting credits vary from a role in the miniseries “Roots” and a guest stint on “How I Met Your Mother” to a Golden Globe-nominated performance in the film “Funny Lady.”
Mr. Vereen is asking a court to terminate his estranged wife’s ability to collect spousal support.
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- Justice at last: 'Evil woman' outed for grabbing girl's game ball
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
- Hillary swoons at admitted illegal immigrant: 'Wow,' you're 'incredibly brave'
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- CHARLES: Holder's undermining of the law deserving of contempt
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.