- Obama ‘cavalier’ in hiding foreign aid order, judge rules
- Prince Charles: Muslims are driving Christians from Mideast through persecution
- Gitmo’s first commander: Close the prison down
- Google’s newest photography find: Just wink and shoot
- Detroit’s Heidelberg art project hit by 8 fires in 8 months
- Pa. police pull people over for random DNA tests for feds
- NASA pushing hard to get back into space game
- Harvard student to face federal charges for bomb hoax
- Ronnie Biggs of ‘Great Train Robbery’ fame dies, 84
- Pope Francis wins another ‘Person of the Year’ — from gay rights magazine
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Halt anti-Christian fervor
Only a small percentage of Americans understand the direction that our nation is headed, but the moral, social, financial and political free-fall of America is totally appalling. We have become a nation in which decadent values are prevalent, where lying and deception are the norm. There has been duplicity of government leadership, hypocrisy in the media and arrogant influence of academia, rather than truth and righteousness grounded in God’s word.
Citizens today are ostracized or marginalized by the government and media for standing up for the sanctity of life, marriage and family, defense of the Constitution, the right to self-defense by owning and bearing firearms, the right to teach their children biblical values and the freedom to believe that Jesus Christ is the only way to God the Father. These used to be traditional values for our nation. However, times have changed — and not for the better.
There is an anti-Christian spirit moving strongly in our government, media, Hollywood, academia and society today. At the Democratic National Convention, booing was loudly heard as the participants reluctantly put “God” back into the party platform. This same spirit will continue to reign in our government unless there is sincere repentance.
Christians and churches must fervently pray for America. It’s currently in emergency-room condition, and only sincere repentance and God’s divine intervention can save it. There is no other answer.
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
By John R. Bolton
The president fiddles at his domestic altar while the world burns
Get Breaking Alerts
- U.S. Army mulls wiping out memory of Robert E. Lee, 'Stonewall' Jackson
- Gov't wasted $30 billion on 'pillownauts,' crystal goblets -- buying human urine!
- Half of America strips religion from Christmas
- BOLTON: Nero in the White House
- We told you so: Conservatives foresaw polygamy ruling
- EDITORIAL: Al Gore, soothsayer
- Obama mocks Putin, picks gay athletes for Sochi delegation
- Top Democrats reject court ruling over NSA spying on Americans
- Army to cut up to 4,000 captains and majors
- HURT: D.C. gets the vapors, calls sequester too much