- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
New in D.C.: The Aston
Question of the Day
Sequar Development, Ellisdale Construction & Development and Valor Development are building 31 condominiums at the Aston on 14th in the District, located in the heart of the 14th Street Corridor between R and Corcoran streets Northwest.
Within walking distance of multiple dining, entertainment, cultural and nightlife options along 14th Street, U Street and nearby Adams Morgan and Dupont Circle, the Aston also is close to the U Street and Dupont Circle Metro stations.
The newly constructed seven-story building features a modern design with walls of windows. Garage parking is available.
The homes have one or two bedrooms with one or two full baths. Some homes also have a den, a balcony or both.
Standard features include open floor plans; white oak flooring in the living areas; contemporary-style black door hardware with leather detailing; 7-foot solid-core white oak entry doors; a gourmet kitchen with Bosch appliances, maple or cherry cabinets and a marble backsplash; porcelain tile flooring, modern custom-designed vanities and marble counters in the baths; pre-wiring for high-speed cable and data outlets; and a full-size stackable washer and dryer.
The homes have 558 to 953 finished square feet, with base prices from $279,900 to $659,900. Condominium association fees are $295 to $504 per month.
Unit 205, with 717 square feet, is priced from $399,900. This home has an open floor plan with a dining area, kitchen and living area. Off the living area is a bedroom with a double-door closet. Near the foyer are a full bath and a stacked washer and dryer.
Unit 403, with 929 square feet, is priced from $629,900. This corner home features an entrance into a foyer with a door to the adjacent kitchen. Near the kitchen is a closet with a stacked washer and dryer.
This home has an open living and dining area with a box-bay window. The master bedroom has four windows, a double-door closet and a private full bath. On the opposite side of the foyer are a second full bath and a second bedroom.
For more information or directions, call Urban Pace sales manager Chris Fries at 202/580-6007 or visit www.theastoncondosdc.com
TWT Video Picks
By David Keene
Allowing states to innovate could reduce dependency on bureaucracy
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- Border surge puts Obama legacy on immigration at stake
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- Romney would win popular vote in rematch against Obama: CNN poll
- Babson College, BYU win top spots in Money magazine's college rankings
- White House says Russia 'losing' war in Ukraine
- D.C. plans to seek stay of order striking down ban on handguns in public
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq