- Egypt rights center raided, 2 Mubaraks acquitted
- New Mexico Supreme Court rules same-sex marriage constitutional
- Blame Bush: 5 years later, that’s still the mantra, pollsters find
- Dutch prostitutes demand same retirement benefits as soccer stars
- John McCain to Harry Reid: I’ll ‘kick the crap’ out of you
- Dogs that talk: Researchers seek $10K for ‘No More Woof’ technology
- 1,000 firefighters called to battle stubborn Big Sur wildfire
- Black Friday brouhaha: Millions of Target shoppers hit by credit card theft
- Britain orders airplane to rescue citizens from violent South Sudan
- Mega Millions winner emerges as Georgia mom, in ‘disbelief’
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Romney leads, Obama follows
Question of the Day
President Obama's modus operandi seems to be to blame everyone and everything but himself for his disastrous failures, and to always lead from behind on both foreign and domestic policies.
We saw this week the result of this leading from behind on foreign policy. We have also recently seen the result of leading from behind domestically. GOP White House contender Mitt Romney went to New Orleans after Hurricane Isaac, and Mr. Obama followed. Mr. Romney came out in defense of America regarding the Middle East fiasco, and Mr. Obama followed (after fundraising and campaigning, of course). Mr. Romney has been criticizing China for unfair trade for as long as I can remember, and finally, this week, Mr. Obama followed.
Does anyone else see a pattern? Mr. Romney is a true leader -- and Mr. Obama is not.
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
By Michael P. Orsi
Get Breaking Alerts
- Calling prison term disparities unfair, Obama commutes sentences for 8 crack offenders
- Gov't wasted $30 billion on 'pillownauts,' crystal goblets -- buying human urine!
- Homeland Security helps smuggle illegal immigrant children into the U.S.
- Obamacare 'pajamas boy' gets roundly mocked
- Bill Gates: The Secret Santa disguised as a 'friendly fellow' on Reddit
- BOLTON: Nero in the White House
- Duck Dynasty Phil Robertson suspended indefinitely for gay quip
- Armed response, not restrictive gun laws, brought swift end to school shooting
- Outrage over Phil Robertson suspension, 'malignant' political correctness
- U.S. Army mulls wiping out memory of Robert E. Lee, 'Stonewall' Jackson