- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Government OKs Arab-owned company to operate U.S. cargo port
- Defense lawyer: McDonnell’s wife had ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House unveils bill to speed deportations of illegal immigrant children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
Heisman finalist Ball out of game with head injury
Question of the Day
MADISON, WIS. (AP) - Heisman Trophy finalist Montee Ball has left Wisconsin’s game against UTEP with a head injury.
Ball appeared to be injured on a 1-yard scoring run at the start of the second quarter Saturday. He looked shaken as he got up, and the Wisconsin medical staff was quick to take him on the sidelines and examine him. A doctor or trainer rubbed Ball’s neck at one point, and someone grabbed his helmet as soon as he stood up. An announcement was made that Ball had a head injury and would not be returning.
Ball finishes the day with nine carries for 40 yards. He also had the first fumble of his career; he had carried the ball 654 times without turning it over before his miscue on the opening drive.
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Obama: 'Not a new Cold War,' but new Russia sanctions announced
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- HURT: Impeaching Obama is a losing strategy for the GOP
- GOP Senate candidate: Obama needs to visit Central America
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Kerry's credibility questioned as fighting in Gaza rages
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world