- ‘Gay Jeans’ that fade into rainbow-colored denim created
- Divided court strikes down big porn award
- Jimmy Carter: Don’t hurt Russian people with sanctions
- Oldest ex-MLB player dies in Cuba, 2 days shy of 103rd birthday
- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
- L.A. sheriff admits to testing flyover spy program without notifying residents
‘Lone Ranger’ crew member drowns on LA-area set
LOS ANGELES (AP) - Authorities are investigating the apparent drowning of a crew member who was working on a set for upcoming “The Lone Ranger” film.
Coroner’s spokesman Ed Winter says a 48-year-old man was pronounced dead around 10 a.m. Friday. He was cleaning a pool that was going to be used in the film in Acton, which is in northeast Los Angeles County. Winter says it appears the man suffered a heart attack.
The man’s identity was not released.
Walt Disney Studios is producing the film starring Johnny Depp. It expressed its condolences, saying the studio’s thoughts are with the man’s family, friend and co-workers. The studio is also cooperating with the investigation, which will include an autopsy to determine his cause of death.
TWT Video Picks
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- Kansas will nullify local regulation of guns
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Washington Redskins' 2014 schedule opens with Texans
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- Georgia governor signs bill expanding gun rights
- Opposition rising to Colorado gun control laws
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014