- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Middle Eastern firm’s deal to manage U.S. cargo port raises security concerns
- Bob McDonnell’s defense: Lonely wife developed ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House Republicans unveil bill to speed deportations of border children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
Ansari, Goodwin keep Emmy rehearsals casual
Question of the Day
LOS ANGELES (AP) - The Emmy Awards were still a day away, but the Nokia Theatre was already abuzz Saturday as celebrities popped in to run through their lines for Sunday’s ceremony.
Ansari, of NBC’s “Parks and Recreation,” sported a red polo, tan slacks and a phony British accent as he delivered his introduction with a bottle of coconut water in hand.
When Goodwin, of ABC’s “Once Upon a Time,” stepped on stage, her first question was: “Where am I sitting?” The pixie-haired actress squinted her eyes as she attempted to spot her place card in the crowd.
Dressed casually in a matching floral print top and jeans with black ballerina flats, Goodwin kept her purse around her shoulder as she pretended to present an Emmy.
Panettiere, who is starring in the new ABC drama “Nashville,” presented an award “for this rehearsal only” to a stand-in for “Mad Men” creator Matthew Weiner, but she mispronounced his name. Producers quickly corrected the actress, who probably won’t make the same mistake if Weiner wins Sunday.
Also spotted backstage Saturday were Andre Braugher of ABC’s “Last Resort” and Lena Dunham, who’s up for the best actress in a comedy trophy for her HBO series “Girls.”
Follow AP entertainment writer Derrik J. Lang on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/derrikjlang
TWT Video Picks
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Inside the Beltway: Immigration rage festers on all sides
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Obama: 'Not a new Cold War,' but new Russia sanctions announced
- Hillary Clinton: I was indeed 'dead broke,' but shouldn't have said so
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world